For those needing access to the White Pages FTP try this: I E virtual mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
I came across an article regarding Micrsoft killing support for Internet Explorer. While this is a welcome thing for the most part, there is still a good thing about it such the ability to download via FTP. The article explains that Microsoft has embedded a compatibility mode for IE within Edge. By enabling the compatibility mode and then choosing all the time plus the site you want to use I E mode for, you can then download via FTP if you need to.

Now the caveat is this only applies to Windows and only to Edge browser, but for those on the PC and Windows platform, we have a workaround for this issue at least for now without resorting to an FTP application.

RIP Internet Explorer: Microsoft's iconic browser is dying June 15 | PCWorld

For those that don't want to read the article:

In Edge:
Click on Settings.
Click on Default Browser.
Set it up like this:

[FONT=&quot]Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge

When browsing in Internet Explorer you can choose to automatically open sites in Microsoft Edge

Always (Recommended)​

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode

When browsing in Microsoft Edge, if a site requires Internet Explorer for compatibility, you can choose to reload it in Internet Explorer mode

Allow​

Internet Explorer mode pages
These pages will open in Internet Explorer mode for 30 days from the date you add the page. You have 1 page that'll automatically open in Internet Explorer mode.

Add

Page
Date added
Expires
Remove page

https://www.auran.com/DLS/

5/25/2022
6/24/2022

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back