Question about Trainz versions and Minimum System Requirements

VanEsto

Ok, I stopped being fluent in modern tech a good decade ago, so bear with me a bit on this:

The Trainz22 program that can be downloaded from the site, is that the same as the Trainz+ program? Or is there a difference except for update feed?

I ask this because if 22 and + are the same, then did the minimum system specs get lowered from what's said on the main page? Because I'm running a system definitely below minimum spec that's running Trainz on the Medium preset not flawlessly, but slightly even more stable than T:ANE or 19 ever did for me...

Trainz+ is not a program but a subscription model which includes programs. With Plus you get every new release and all beta's if you want. When you purchase a program you are likely going to get the latest public release (or pre-sell). If you go Plus you get the latest release, and you also get access to the latest Beta releases. (see the 22 beta forum)

Thus, you could have any number of the 22 app with Plus. You need to know your build numbers to know what version of the game you have. (Have 3 installs of TRS19 and 1 TRS22 plus Tane sp4 - possible because I'm on Gold/Plus.

Last edited:
Back