Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Potteries Loop Line.

Default The Potteries Loop Line.

Well i never, just came across this on the Content Store.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetrainzloathen3v View Post
    Well i never, just came across this on the Content Store.
    Well spotted!
    That was totally unexpected, I'm not dreaming am I? I'd pretty much given up on the updated version ever appearing.
    Malc

A bit difficult to find as they've got it under 'New Releases' https://store.trainzportal.com/colle...es-loop-line-1

But wow! - that certainly was unexpected. I thought it was a long forgotten hope that we would ever see it.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I just downloaded it and then I couldn't find it in the Routes and Sessions menu. I did find it eventually, but what took me so long?

The route is called Loop Line instead of the Potteries Loop Line as it is in the Content Store.

I took a quick look at it, but I need to do some more exploring when I get a chance.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Blog Entries

Hi All
    We will be properly announcing it later this week with our newsletter; right now it's in PreviewPass for the next 2 weeks for Gold Membership subscribers and will then be fully available for purchase after that.

It's been a long few years (I believe about 5-7 years now?) working with the creators to get it ready for release (including many, many hours of testing sessions, tweaking, and more), but I'm certain everyone involved is very happy to see it ready for everyone to enjoy. I know I spent a good couple of hours last night driving the Sneyd no 3 garratt around

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

All loaded in just fine, but like John I couldn't find it at first because I was looking for 'Potteries Loop Line'. It's also disappointing to see it under Region 'Custom' instead of 'UK' or 'Great Britain'. Any particular reason for the name and region change, - or is it some kind of marketing thing?

I'm certainly glad to see PLL released at last though and thanks very much to everyone who was involved in bringing it through to being a retail release.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; May 24th, 2022 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling

This is excellent news. I will be downloading as soon as it is available as a stand-alone purchase. Many thanks to everyone involved in making and upgrading the route.

A really exciting, if overdue, development. Congratulations to AndrewH and all the others involved. It really is a splendid route illustrating the old potteries and other industries in the Stoke area. It seems to operate well in TRS+, build 117297

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Well spotted!
    That was totally unexpected, I'm not dreaming am I? I'd pretty much given up on the updated version ever appearing.
    Spotted it purely by chance, it still includes the signal box sessions. Which i always enjoyed in the original.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Any particular reason for the name ... change, - or is it some kind of marketing thing?
    There is no name change: the latest version prior to this was already named "Loop Line".

In my Content store I absolutely have a "Potteries Loop Line" - It would not download for past 2 days but just tried it again and it downloaded as you can see.

But.. that is in Store Title ONLY. The Route itself is in fact simply: "Loop Line" (content manager, etc)

Last edited by 1611mac; May 25th, 2022 at 07:35 AM.
    Specs: Had a top of line gamer, best specs, but no more. My wife stuck a butterknife in the powersupply.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    There is no name change: the latest version prior to this was already named "Loop Line".
    I didn't know that, - my original version of PLL is the one I purchased two years ago.

First version was 2014, i believe.

They still have the site up with the extra free downloads.

No idea if they work in TRS22, but still good of them to maintain the site.

Mike.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

It is the same route as was being developed for TANE and it had the confusing name difference then too. Great to see it be released at last. I assume it is greatly improved for TRS19 and TRS22. As I remember the scenery was pretty sparse.

The last version is for TS12 SP1 and is dated 7-2-2016 (note that the file name is "Loop_Line_Full_Route_SP1.cdp" and not "Potteries..."). This version is :17, the new one is :63!
    Note that the official site still states: "We are working on making PLL compatible with T:ANE and will update the site with more news once this is available."