Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Potteries Loop Line.

The members of rail-sim.co.uk understand that N3V will shortly announce the new release of the Potteries Loop Line in their Newsletter. When that happens we will start a new thread in the Payware Announcements Section of this forum which will be titled 'LMS Potteries Loop Line (UK) TRS19'.
    Last edited by AndrewH; May 26th, 2022 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
    The members of railsim.co.uk understand that N3V will shortly announce the new release of the Potteries Loop Line in their Newsletter. When that happens we will start a new thread in the Payware Announcements Section of this forum which will be titled 'LMS Potteries Loop Line (UK) TRS19'.
    Hi Andrew.. As info, I'm on Gold and it's in my Content store now (and installed, I ran it a bit yesterday.) It's Build Version 5.0. Titled "Potteries Loop Line" in the in game Store but simply "Loop Line" in Content Manager. <kuid2:60379:100011:62> I provide this info as I think you likely can't see these details if you are not on Gold as I think it on Preview Pass for now. Thanks very much (and all) for your route!
    Last edited by 1611mac; May 26th, 2022 at 06:50 AM.
    Specs: Had a top of line gamer, best specs, but no more. My wife stuck a butterknife in the powersupply.

Potteries Loop Line does seem a bit more descriptive, unless it's the only loop line in the world.

Hope it's not subscription only or I'll have to carry on waiting.

Checked the content store, $40. That seems quite rich to me.
    Last edited by amigacooke; May 26th, 2022 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Checking content store.

Comparing the original in TANE SP3 with the new release in TRS22 I can see that visually many things are just the same, - eg. ground textures. This is not a complaint by the way, - just an observation. With 'Loop Line Locals' which as always been a favourite the fog was an almost impenetrable 'pea-souper' in TRS22 and TRS22 had done the windows on Ken Green's lovely coaches no favours; - otherwise though it was business as usual.
    My elderly Xeon computer isn't happy with TRS22 and will need to be replaced soon. When that happens I'll look forward to giving the new PLL a darn good explore. In the meantime it's running PLL just fine in TANE so that will have to do for now.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    Checked the content store, $40. That seems quite rich to me.
    Yes, I agree. Perhaps a discount on the new version for those that have paid for the original version?

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Comparing the original in TANE SP3 with the new release in TRS22 I can see that visually many things are just the same, - eg. ground textures. This is not a complaint by the way, - just an observation. With 'Loop Line Locals' which as always been a favourite the fog was an almost impenetrable 'pea-souper' in TRS22 and TRS22 had done the windows on Ken Green's lovely coaches no favours; - otherwise though it was business as usual.
    My elderly Xeon computer isn't happy with TRS22 and will need to be replaced soon. When that happens I'll look forward to giving the new PLL a darn good explore. In the meantime it's running PLL just fine in TANE so that will have to do for now.
    I would be interested in seeing some screenshots from the new version before purchase please.

As for myself, having done a lot of work to make the PLL assets compatible with T:ANE and TRS2019 (strictly for my own use!) and, that I have managed to 'get it working' (bar the sessions and signaling) in both T:ANE and TRS2019, that after purchase and installation of the new version, I certainly would be dissapointed to see that the new version is not visually superior to the original version, as intimated by KotangaGirl in her post #19!

Rob.

I managed to get 15 sessions from the original release working in TANE. It would take a bit of convincing to get me to pay $40 for the remaining sessions. Perhaps a discount to previous purchasers would be an incentive?

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Yes, I agree. Perhaps a discount on the new version for those that have paid for the original version?

I would be interested in seeing some screenshots from the new version before purchase please.

As for myself, having done a lot of work to make the PLL assets compatible with T:ANE and TRS2019 (strictly for my own use!) and, that I have managed to 'get it working' (bar the sessions and signaling) in both T:ANE and TRS2019, that after purchase and installation of the new version, I certainly would be dissapointed to see that the new version is not visually superior to the original version, as intimated by KotangaGirl in her post #19!

Rob.
    Problem with a discount as the original wasn't sold by N3V but Rail-Sim, so N3V won't know or probably be concerned about who bought it originally.

Some of the dodgy bits seem to have been fixed and it now has speed trees although there are still some billboards lurking and pretty sure there are more buildings as well.

Area surrounding Stoke-On-Trent was pretty bleak in that time period, was still a bit grim when I was at College in Burslem which was on the former site of Sneyd Colliery first job I had was at Holditch Colliery, didn't make on the Loop Line though off the edge of the map.

Screen shots?

Quick ones I just did not bad IMO.

Malc

Nice screenies Malc, i haven't played it since posting originally.

Been too busy trying to get the sessions for GCR v15, working properly.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Problem with a discount as the original wasn't sold by N3V but Rail-Sim, so N3V won't know or probably be concerned about who bought it originally.

Some of the dodgy bits seem to have been fixed and it now has speed trees although there are still some billboards lurking and pretty sure there are more buildings as well.

Area surrounding Stoke-On-Trent was pretty bleak in that time period, was still a bit grim when I was at College in Burslem which was on the former site of Sneyd Colliery first job I had was at Holditch Colliery, didn't make on the Loop Line though off the edge of the map.

Screen shots?

Quick ones I just did not bad IMO... pics deleted
    Doesn't appear too bad, glad to see a bit more vegetation included, thanks for the shots.

I think a lot of the PLL is now buried underneath new roads, housing estates and many ubiquitous retail parks!

Rob.

I think a lot of the PLL is now buried underneath new roads, housing estates and many ubiquitous retail parks!

Rob
    Just what the world needs to solve its transport issues, - more retail parks.

Excellent screenshots Malc, - saved me having to get the Box Brownie out and go trainspotting.

I certainly would be disappointed to see that the new version is not visually superior to the original version, as intimated by KotangaGirl in her post #19!

Not really what I meant Rob. The difference between running PLL in TRS22 as compared with TANE is like running PLL in TANE as compared with TS2012. It's certainly the same route as it was before, but it just looks a whole lot better.

Excellent news. I had much pleasure in running line shortly after its becoming available. The team were always helpful.

I think the obvious and biggest change is the move to procedural track. A great improvement on the TS12 version for that reason alone. It would be nice if we could see this new UK procedural track available as a stand-alone as DLC (or even on the Download Station.)

Only issue I've noticed so far - the frame rates don't seem so great - low 20s / high teens - even though I've got an RTX 2080S card. Unless I've got a problem, that suggest lower spec cards could be left struggling.

Paul
    Last edited by Paulsw2; June 1st, 2022 at 02:16 PM.

That's something I noticed as well with framerates Paul. Out of interest I blew the dust off the original PLL in TS2012 and immediately noticed the same thing there with lowish framerates. PLL seems to be a big graphics mouthful for any computer to run so I don't think your experience is so unusual.

the added grass splines really do a wonder in making this route look good, i always thought it was a little bland and undercooked scenery wise. hopefully the mess of floating track has been fixed as well, but this looks interesting

i hope some of the rolling stock was upgraded as well, the older 3F, 4F, Black 5, and 8F always looked off compared to the much nicer 2F, 4P, and all the industial locos (though this doesn't seem to be the case). beggars can't be choosers i suppose

One other question - I've downloaded the revised PLL as a Gold subscriber. Am I right to assume that, if I end my subscription, I'll lose the route and all the dependencies? If so, I think I'd rather buy it so I can 'own' the route and dependencies (and use them on other routes). As a buyer of the original PLL, would I be eligible for a discount to buy the new version?

Paul