The Potteries Loop Line.

I managed to get 15 sessions from the original release working in TANE. It would take a bit of convincing to get me to pay $40 for the remaining sessions. Perhaps a discount to previous purchasers would be an incentive?

Yes, I agree. Perhaps a discount on the new version for those that have paid for the original version?

I would be interested in seeing some screenshots from the new version before purchase please.

As for myself, having done a lot of work to make the PLL assets compatible with T:ANE and TRS2019 (strictly for my own use!) and, that I have managed to 'get it working' (bar the sessions and signaling) in both T:ANE and TRS2019, that after purchase and installation of the new version, I certainly would be dissapointed to see that the new version is not visually superior to the original version, as intimated by KotangaGirl in her post #19!

Rob.

Problem with a discount as the original wasn't sold by N3V but Rail-Sim, so N3V won't know or probably be concerned about who bought it originally.

Some of the dodgy bits seem to have been fixed and it now has speed trees although there are still some billboards lurking and pretty sure there are more buildings as well.

Area surrounding Stoke-On-Trent was pretty bleak in that time period, was still a bit grim when I was at College in Burslem which was on the former site of Sneyd Colliery first job I had was at Holditch Colliery, didn't make on the Loop Line though off the edge of the map.

Screen shots?

Quick ones I just did not bad IMO.

Problem with a discount as the original wasn't sold by N3V but Rail-Sim, so N3V won't know or probably be concerned about who bought it originally.

Some of the dodgy bits seem to have been fixed and it now has speed trees although there are still some billboards lurking and pretty sure there are more buildings as well.

Area surrounding Stoke-On-Trent was pretty bleak in that time period, was still a bit grim when I was at College in Burslem which was on the former site of Sneyd Colliery first job I had was at Holditch Colliery, didn't make on the Loop Line though off the edge of the map.

Screen shots?

Quick ones I just did not bad IMO... pics deleted

Doesn't appear too bad, glad to see a bit more vegetation included, thanks for the shots.

I think a lot of the PLL is now buried underneath new roads, housing estates and many ubiquitous retail parks!

Rob.

I think a lot of the PLL is now buried underneath new roads, housing estates and many ubiquitous retail parks!

Rob
Just what the world needs to solve its transport issues, - more retail parks.

Excellent screenshots Malc, - saved me having to get the Box Brownie out and go trainspotting.

I certainly would be disappointed to see that the new version is not visually superior to the original version, as intimated by KotangaGirl in her post #19!

Not really what I meant Rob. The difference between running PLL in TRS22 as compared with TANE is like running PLL in TANE as compared with TS2012. It's certainly the same route as it was before, but it just looks a whole lot better.

Excellent news. I had much pleasure in running line shortly after its becoming available. The team were always helpful.

I think the obvious and biggest change is the move to procedural track. A great improvement on the TS12 version for that reason alone. It would be nice if we could see this new UK procedural track available as a stand-alone as DLC (or even on the Download Station.)

Only issue I've noticed so far - the frame rates don't seem so great - low 20s / high teens - even though I've got an RTX 2080S card. Unless I've got a problem, that suggest lower spec cards could be left struggling.

Paul

Last edited:
That's something I noticed as well with framerates Paul. Out of interest I blew the dust off the original PLL in TS2012 and immediately noticed the same thing there with lowish framerates. PLL seems to be a big graphics mouthful for any computer to run so I don't think your experience is so unusual.

the added grass splines really do a wonder in making this route look good, i always thought it was a little bland and undercooked scenery wise. hopefully the mess of floating track has been fixed as well, but this looks interesting

i hope some of the rolling stock was upgraded as well, the older 3F, 4F, Black 5, and 8F always looked off compared to the much nicer 2F, 4P, and all the industial locos (though this doesn't seem to be the case). beggars can't be choosers i suppose

One other question - I've downloaded the revised PLL as a Gold subscriber. Am I right to assume that, if I end my subscription, I'll lose the route and all the dependencies? If so, I think I'd rather buy it so I can 'own' the route and dependencies (and use them on other routes). As a buyer of the original PLL, would I be eligible for a discount to buy the new version?

Paul

Interesting. I downloaded the updated PLL for TRS19 from the Trainz Content Store and I'm pretty sure it only took a few minutes. I'm doing the same now for TRS22 and the download is taking over 80 minutes! Are the N3V servers on a go slow?

Paul

One other question - I've downloaded the revised PLL as a Gold subscriber. Am I right to assume that, if I end my subscription, I'll lose the route and all the dependencies? If so, I think I'd rather buy it so I can 'own' the route and dependencies (and use them on other routes). As a buyer of the original PLL, would I be eligible for a discount to buy the new version?

Paul

Yes you loose the "free" routes if you end the subscription. Discount, extremely unlikely as the original was bought from Rail-Sim not N3V. Probably be cheaper when N3V has one of it's sales.

Paulsw2 said:
Only issue I've noticed so far - the frame rates don't seem so great - low 20s / high teens - even though I've got an RTX 2080S card. Unless I've got a problem, that suggest lower spec cards could be left struggling.

My RTX3070TI is just about coping with it 30 to 35FPS with everything on max apart from draw distance which is a 6000m

My RTX3070TI is just about coping with it 30 to 35FPS with everything on max apart from draw distance which is a 6000m

There's actually an instruction with the route to reduce draw distance to 2000m. I did this and framerate was boosted to over 40 fps. However, is 2km enough in this day and age for Trainz?

Paul

Just wondering if the blades on the points are showing on everyone's PLL sessions? They don't seem to be present on the procedural junctions in clam1952's 3rd screenshot at #22 above.
Perhaps this is a function of the graphics settings used? Or a fault in those protrack kuids?

..........However, is 2km enough in this day and age for Trainz?

Paul

The haze (smog) settings on sessions preclude vision for much more than a kilometre, and some sessions are very much less than that. This is industrial Britain in the 1930s not a route for distant views of rocky peaks!

Ive just received an email with a discount code for this route - because I purchased the original.
if you’ve changed emails, you might need to check the old one,
Colin

Ive just received an email with a discount code for this route - because I purchased the original.
if you’ve changed emails, you might need to check the old one,
Colin
That’s good news. I’m still using the same email, I found the PLL receipt, so I look forward to my discount code.

Back