The Potteries Loop Line.

I just downloaded it and then I couldn't find it in the Routes and Sessions menu. I did find it eventually, but what took me so long?

The route is called Loop Line instead of the Potteries Loop Line as it is in the Content Store.

I took a quick look at it, but I need to do some more exploring when I get a chance.

Hi All
We will be properly announcing it later this week with our newsletter; right now it's in PreviewPass for the next 2 weeks for Gold Membership subscribers and will then be fully available for purchase after that.

It's been a long few years (I believe about 5-7 years now?) working with the creators to get it ready for release (including many, many hours of testing sessions, tweaking, and more), but I'm certain everyone involved is very happy to see it ready for everyone to enjoy. I know I spent a good couple of hours last night driving the Sneyd no 3 garratt around :D

Regards

All loaded in just fine, but like John I couldn't find it at first because I was looking for 'Potteries Loop Line'. It's also disappointing to see it under Region 'Custom' instead of 'UK' or 'Great Britain'. Any particular reason for the name and region change, - or is it some kind of marketing thing?

I'm certainly glad to see PLL released at last though and thanks very much to everyone who was involved in bringing it through to being a retail release.

Last edited:
This is excellent news. I will be downloading as soon as it is available as a stand-alone purchase. Many thanks to everyone involved in making and upgrading the route.

A really exciting, if overdue, development. Congratulations to AndrewH and all the others involved. It really is a splendid route illustrating the old potteries and other industries in the Stoke area. It seems to operate well in TRS+, build 117297

Peter.

In my Content store I absolutely have a "Potteries Loop Line" - It would not download for past 2 days but just tried it again and it downloaded as you can see.

But.. that is in Store Title ONLY. The Route itself is in fact simply: "Loop Line" (content manager, etc)

potteries.JPG

Last edited:
First version was 2014, i believe.

They still have the site up with the extra free downloads.

No idea if they work in TRS22, but still good of them to maintain the site.

Mike.

It is the same route as was being developed for TANE and it had the confusing name difference then too. Great to see it be released at last. I assume it is greatly improved for TRS19 and TRS22. As I remember the scenery was pretty sparse.

The last version is for TS12 SP1 and is dated 7-2-2016 (note that the file name is "Loop_Line_Full_Route_SP1.cdp" and not "Potteries..."). This version is :17, the new one is :63!
Note that the official site still states: "We are working on making PLL compatible with T:ANE and will update the site with more news once this is available."

The members of rail-sim.co.uk understand that N3V will shortly announce the new release of the Potteries Loop Line in their Newsletter. When that happens we will start a new thread in the Payware Announcements Section of this forum which will be titled 'LMS Potteries Loop Line (UK) TRS19'.

Last edited:
The members of railsim.co.uk understand that N3V will shortly announce the new release of the Potteries Loop Line in their Newsletter. When that happens we will start a new thread in the Payware Announcements Section of this forum which will be titled 'LMS Potteries Loop Line (UK) TRS19'.

Hi Andrew.. As info, I'm on Gold and it's in my Content store now (and installed, I ran it a bit yesterday.) It's Build Version 5.0. Titled "Potteries Loop Line" in the in game Store but simply "Loop Line" in Content Manager. <kuid2:60379:100011:62> I provide this info as I think you likely can't see these details if you are not on Gold as I think it on Preview Pass for now. Thanks very much (and all) for your route!

Last edited:
Potteries Loop Line does seem a bit more descriptive, unless it's the only loop line in the world.

Hope it's not subscription only or I'll have to carry on waiting.

Checked the content store, $40. That seems quite rich to me.

Last edited:
Comparing the original in TANE SP3 with the new release in TRS22 I can see that visually many things are just the same, - eg. ground textures. This is not a complaint by the way, - just an observation. With 'Loop Line Locals' which as always been a favourite the fog was an almost impenetrable 'pea-souper' in TRS22 and TRS22 had done the windows on Ken Green's lovely coaches no favours; - otherwise though it was business as usual.
My elderly Xeon computer isn't happy with TRS22 and will need to be replaced soon. When that happens I'll look forward to giving the new PLL a darn good explore. In the meantime it's running PLL just fine in TANE so that will have to do for now.

Checked the content store, $40. That seems quite rich to me.

Yes, I agree. Perhaps a discount on the new version for those that have paid for the original version?

Comparing the original in TANE SP3 with the new release in TRS22 I can see that visually many things are just the same, - eg. ground textures. This is not a complaint by the way, - just an observation. With 'Loop Line Locals' which as always been a favourite the fog was an almost impenetrable 'pea-souper' in TRS22 and TRS22 had done the windows on Ken Green's lovely coaches no favours; - otherwise though it was business as usual.
My elderly Xeon computer isn't happy with TRS22 and will need to be replaced soon. When that happens I'll look forward to giving the new PLL a darn good explore. In the meantime it's running PLL just fine in TANE so that will have to do for now.

I would be interested in seeing some screenshots from the new version before purchase please.

As for myself, having done a lot of work to make the PLL assets compatible with T:ANE and TRS2019 (strictly for my own use!) and, that I have managed to 'get it working' (bar the sessions and signaling) in both T:ANE and TRS2019, that after purchase and installation of the new version, I certainly would be dissapointed to see that the new version is not visually superior to the original version, as intimated by KotangaGirl in her post #19!

Rob.

Back