Trainz can't load mesh file

tangerine

I'm trying to make a scenery asset and I got this error "VE76:Unable to load mesh file: "f100.trainzmesh"" and I can't fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The file I'm trying to use is f100.fbx ("f100.trainzmesh") . Config text here for extra context:

kuid <kuid:977482:100673>
kind "scenery"
category-class "VL"
trainz-build 4.7
username "TANG_1970_Ford_F100_Static"
author "tangerine"
description "Model by eman8el.3di on sketchfab.com"

thumbnails
{
{
width 240
height 180
image "Thumbnail_1.jpg"
}
}

mesh-table-lod-transition-distances 0

mesh-table
{
{
auto-create 1
mesh "f100.trainzmesh"
lod-level 0
}
}

Hi, A bit more information would help but from what you have posted I can see that you need to iclude the im file. That is what your trainz is looking for, hence the error.

Here is a typical Mesh Table layout. The XXXX is where the name of your im file should go. That would be the name you gave it and you will find it in surveyor.

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "XXXXXX.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

Hope that helps.

Doug

Your mesh-table looks ok to me for an FBX export. I would, however, use a value other than 0 for the mesh-table-lod-transition-distances. 1000 might be better for a start.

Your description tag suggests you have used an external model and those are known for very large poly counts although the errors might say something about that.

In the absence of any other error detail my guess is that it is a problem with the materials and textures. Alternatively, did you put the model through Blender or use an FBX model off the web. That may be in the wrong version of FBX.

You might also ask such questions in the Content Creation forum.

Back