Faulty route updates

Lafond Regional Railway and Model Trainz: New South Wales Region keep erroring. New South Wales states there is missing assets. Lafond Regional does not even try to update.

I presume that you are talking about the ERROR "button" that sometimes appears after installing some routes using the Content Store?

I just installed the Model Trainz: New South Wales Region DLC and it does give a consistent ERROR button at the end of the Download and Install with Content Store. Clicking the button give the option to Retry which, when clicked, just repeats the same result.

However, checking the route in CM using the Faulty search filter reveals the status warning "Missing dependencies" on the route and several of its installed assets (mostly locos and loco components from what I can see). But there are NO missing dependencies, even when using the List Dependencies Recursively option. Accessing the Route in Surveyor and Driver does not show the usual broken link icon indicating missing dependencies or other errors. The Route loads and runs OK in Driver.

I have seen this problem, the ERROR and RETRY result, on Content Store installs before but it usually fixes itself after restarting Trainz.

I will submit a Helpdesk and/or Bug report.

Hi All
Can you please confirm for us what build of Trainz you are using that shows these issues, as testing of the DLCs prior to release did not show any issues.

The build number will be shown on the bottom left corner of the initial launch screen.

Regards

Build 117092 Trainz Plus. I have submitted a bug report including the kuids of the affected assets.

Thanks Zec.

I have also received a response to my bug report from QA.

This has been passed on to our content creators, and they are investigating. Your patience in this is appreciated.

Hi All
These DLC pack download issues should now be resolved.

However please note, for the next few days you may see 'failed to download precache data' after downloading; this can be safely ignored by clicking on 'retry' on this error. We are working on getting the precache data generated, however due to some recent server issues it may take a few days to complete.

Regards

Back