Looking for recommendations for a new monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcas1986

Posted in this forum for a reason I don't quite understand - see below. :eek:

I'm in the process of rebuilding my study that includes two desks (one for me and one for someone else who wants a say in the outcome....) and a side table for NAS drives, printer, etc. Anyway, I need a new monitor with about a 32" display and a VESA mount capability. My search revealed lots of gaming machines but some of them say they are not suitable for content creation. Now I hardly think content creation is used in the same sense as Trainz content creation so I'm puzzled by what they mean. I think it may refer to those people who like to make instructional videos but I may be way off with that. Anyone know what it really means?

Apart from that has anyone bought a monitor recently that they really liked and is suitable for Trainz content creation? My initial budget is about $AU500 but could stretch higher if worthwhile. Don't want to pay $1000 for a monitor that is over the top for my needs.

Content creation usually means video editing and graphic design, you need to be looking for monitors suitable for 3d modelling or Blender.

Couple of sites are recommending Asus Proart or BenQ, both IPS panels specifically for use with Blender and they are not extortionately priced, you don't need a monitor with 120Hz or higher refresh rate, 60Hz or 75 Hz is apparently fine for modelling, I don't have any problem with 60Hz monitors although I could do with slightly bigger screen size than the 24" 1920 x 1080 Acers I'm currently using.

I also use a 22 inch monitor 1920 by whatever, I think it depends how far away from the monitor you are. At work my boss decided we were all going to have 27 inch monitors but I kept my old 22 inch monitor and put the 27 to the side as second monitor. The 22 seemed to work better for me. I have an LG 4 k HDR 27 inch monitor floating around as well hanging on the wall which I use to watch 4k Blu rays but as a computer monitor the type size is a bit small.

Cheerio John

I use and highly recommend the ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27” HDR Monitor, 1080P Full HD (1920 x 1080), Fast IPS, 280Hz, G-SYNC Compatible, Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC), 1ms, DisplayHDR 400.

I got it from Amazon, and as of this post it is priced at $329 U.S (before tax).

Bob

This video is three years old but he does a good job explaining what features a content creation monitor would have.

Philips 436M6VBRAB 43" 4K HDR Display Monitor. Yes that's right...43" @ 4K resolution. Costs a pretty penny...$800 @ Centrecom. But you won't be able to go back to any lesser quality and resolution.

Content creation usually means video editing and graphic design, you need to be looking for monitors suitable for 3d modelling or Blender.

Thanks Malc and, of course, to all that responded.

But Malc's comments did make me search for a "best monitor for Blender" and I found this article which should be quite interesting for content creators IMHO. See https://www.cgdirector.com/best-monitor-graphic-design-video-editing-3d/

It seems that 3D artists may need a different monitor from the pure gaming community and I'm not entirely sure Trainz is a game in the ordinary sense.

I need to rethink my monitor search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back