How do I get my route to quickly "go green" following reinstall so it can be edited?

JonMyrlennBailey

How do I get my route to quickly "go green" following reinstall so it can be edited?

XKejg2.jpg

A route that's not owned by the user will be gold.

What is the KUID associated with this route?

The route (in white letters) circled in red is MINE exclusively. The KUID was generated locally at the time this content originated. This always happens each and every time Trainz is reinstalled. It takes some time before my own stuff gets recognized following a reinstall of the software. Since this thread has been made, my route turned to green letters. It happened by booting the PC and opening and closing the program several times. I thought there might be something I can do to make re-recogniztion of my own stuff occur as quickly as possible. Apparently, I have to wait on the Trainz server to make my own route editable to me, have it appear in GREEN letters. Upon reinstall, I put my Trainz account information in the Options/Planet Auran tab of the start menu. Under My Content, I put in my Trainz author ID number. I cannot edit stuff I created myself from scratch offline. Trainz like Steam and other gaming platforms relies on Internet connections to get the full value of the product.

Here is my route now in green letters. It turned green on its own shortly after making this thread. Notice the double zero (00) in the country column. This route was made by me in America but I don't know what the 00 stands for.

XffrCP.jpg

Last edited:
Double 00 means no region identified. If you use the default region or a custom one with no country designation, then it comes up with 00.

Since your route turned green after some time, that's the database indexing the content and reading the tables in the database. Depending upon the speed of your computer, memory, disk fragmentation, and size of your database, this can take some time. When I used to use TS12, a database validation took 14-1/2 hours to complete and that was on state-of-the-art computing hardware for the time. I got to a point I actually hated to start up TS12 because of the quirky database validations that would kick in. During that time, nothing could be done in TS12 because the menus were more or less locked and when a menu was opened, they were empty. If I tried to drive, the performance was piss poor with a slideshow being an overstatement when describing the speed. This was never an issue until SP1 HF4 came out and I wasn't the only one who had problems.

Very well, sir. I just have to wait on Trainz. Once "it's back in order", it runs like its same old self again. I'm doing a post-reinstall test drive to see if AI has got the cobwebs dusted out of its belfry. Before the reinstall, I did a major overhaul of my yard and that threw a monkey wrench into the AI function. A bunch of AI problems in the yard. Failure to stop at trackmarks. Balking at junctions. Before I monkeyed with the yard, I had AI running perfectly through it. A reinstall of Trainz is like oiling a badly-rusted machine to get thee whole damn works to run sweet again until the rust builds back again over time. Maybe I should not drive Trainz in rainy weather for that reason. Like the tinman in Oz. :eek:

Last edited:
Very well, sir. I just have to wait on Trainz. Once "it's back in order", it runs like its same old self again. I'm doing a post-reinstall test drive to see if AI has got the cobwebs dusted out of its belfry. Before the reinstall, I did a major overhaul of my yard and that threw a monkey wrench into the AI function. A bunch of AI problems in the yard. Failure to stop at trackmarks. Balking at junctions. Before I monkeyed with the yard, I had AI running perfectly through it. A reinstall of Trainz is like oiling a badly-rusted machine to get thee whole damn works to run sweet again until the rust builds back again over time. Maybe I should not drive Trainz in rainy weather for that reason. Like the tinman in Oz. :eek:

The same issue with trains and tracks being moved about applies to track marks. The session data contains the X-Y-Z world position location for those assets when the asset is recorded in the driver's schedule. If you move the track mark to another track, and don't update the driver's schedule, the AI get confused. What you need to do is remove the existing track mark from the schedule and add it back in again.

Believe me, I've run into this myself and learned the hard way from it years ago.

Back