Bad AI

DavidPistelak

Alpinetrainz.cz
I don't know if everyone has it, but I found out that the TRS 22 version has a problem with the database. Thus, automatic and correct switching of switches, setting rules for intersections, or an example, may have a kilometer indicator (km-board) that is set on all boards, but after saving the game is tables reset, or do not work said automatic protocols for switching junction, virtually nothing happens. The train is standing and doesn't know what to do. An example of a rule for switching junction is jsTRF-Path Control but simply read, but do not know what to do. :eek:

As far as I'm aware the path control does not work in these newer versions. Enhanced Interlocking Towers have replaced the path control rule but work in a similar way.

Thanks, But even so, I found a problem with the game's artificial intelligence, it has a problem switching junction :(

Last edited:
2022-05-26-092451.jpg

This is an example of AI not releasing control of a switch. You can just see the caboose rounding the corner, yet the switch is still locked. And this is the only AI train running on this route. The work around is jump to editor and replace the switch.

The work around is jump to editor and replace the switch.
>>
So it sounds like there's a problem with the switch rather than the AI?

dear tony, i don't think your answer is appropriate. There really is an issue with AI and junctions since the last updates.
With the original version of TS22, I used the same map and therefore the same junctions without any issue.
Changing the junction absolutely does not solve the problem : the train stops before the switch and does not restart.
I'm a little tired of answers like this. Several users have reported these issues. You have to work on it seriously.

I don't know if everyone has it, but I found out that the TRS 22 version has a problem with the database. Thus, automatic and correct switching of switches, setting rules for intersections, or an example, may have a kilometer indicator (km-board) that is set on all boards, but after saving the game is tables reset, or do not work said automatic protocols for switching junction, virtually nothing happens. The train is standing and doesn't know what to do. An example of a rule for switching junction is jsTRF-Path Control but simply read, but do not know what to do. :eek:

So I have some questions,

What is the current build number, ie 4.6 or 5.0, of your route
Is it a DLC, DLS or your own route
If DLC or DLS, what is the KUID of the route
If DLS or your own route, did you edit it in TRS22 (that would bring it to build 5.0)

Can you provide the steps to reproduce this problem? I looked into this issue and have experienced it myself but I cannot repro it consistently. Without repro steps it won't get fixed.

Tony,

I mentioned the work around as a way to continue playing the game as opposed to throwing your hands in the air and cursing N3V. As far as the switches, they've been in the game forever.

Wreeder,

The way to reproduce the problem is to run an AI train across route and look at the state of the switched behind it. The switch I show in the pic has been replaced 3 times now, but for the sake of testing I will use a different switch next time.

If you can repro (even if not every time) then send in a link to your route and non-DLS deps using the Trainz Bug Report.

It's really about looking at all the variables and figuring out what is different when it breaks. i.e. try to figure out why does the AI not change the junction?

One possibility is the AI thinks it is facing the other direction. Perhaps camera position can make a difference (e.g. in cab is not exactly the same as external view)

In this scenario I’m using the built-in Hinton route and the built-in C&O Kanawha Freight train. I started by trying to use the track marks that are built-into the route, but AI couldn’t find the track marks even though there on the “Drive to Trackmark” pick list. So, I added a track mark 360M down the track on the session level. The red and white marker is a scenery object showing the position of the track mark. I set the switches for the path in this is what I got. “Mik – Waiting for access to track beyond junction ‘Hinton -39. I also noticed that the two icons, lights and direction would blink every 20 second or so. I was trying to test the switches remaining locked as AI passes, but Mik wouldn’t come out of the gate…. More to come Don

2022-06-02-084506.jpg

2022-06-02-075103.jpg

The blinking indicates the driver is attempting to turn around then go forward.

What happens if you stop the driver and move the consist passed the switch and signal then continue driving?

I've run into this in the past and it turned out there was something wrong with the track ahead, but the messaging was incorrect. Instead of telling me that there was a direction mark set against me, the AI stated waiting for access to the track.

EDIT: Looking further down the track, there is in fact a track mark set against the direction of travel. The AI either wants to go to the riverside track at that point, or you may be directing the AI to do so with one of your edits.

In the last screenshot you posted, there are holes in the terrain and track is floating. It's things like this that annoy me in the built-in routes because things like this get reported and they're almost never repaired. Speaking of things... Farther down the route, are some really bad things such as really floating roads, a track that needs straightening, Safetran gantry Signals and more floating track.

I don't blame the original route builder because this is a huge route. I blame N3V for not doing the QC and rushing the product out quickly to market, and not following up on an any beta testers who looked at the route back in TANE and brought these issues up. If this route was editable, (not edible) I would fix the problem myself and be done with it, but sadly it is not.

Last edited:
Instead of telling me that there was a direction mark set against me, the AI stated waiting for access to the track.
>>
Technically correct (the AI knows the track is off limits, in this case due to the direction marker)

If this route was editable
>>
It is in TRS19 onwards.

I had the same trouble as above with a route and session from Tane, TRS2019 to Trs22.
Problems encountered 1) AI would at various turnouts fail to proceed to next trackmark. 2) AI would not stop at some stations, just sail through.
Worked as should in build 116492 (+) up to build 117092(+) and (+ beta) but not in 117540(+).
Re downloaded build 116492 and patched each patch to 117540 with a clean install of my route and session which were ok until I did a small edit and saved then ran session this is when the AI had the above problems.
2nd download of build 116492 and found after same tests that the last build to work was 117092.
After latest release build 117669(plus beta) the problem has been FIXED all AI work as expected after an edit and save.
Hope this helps.

bobander

I think it's completely upside down. I will describe an example of several, the train is running, the signal lights green up that the train is free, there is a switch behind the signal, the train has a relatively high speed and suddenly the signal lights to red up and the switch switches to the train which is in the opposite direction even if the track is set to one controlled direction. The day before, I did a test, the trains all started and waited for the timer program. Today the trains did not even start or rushed against each other. I really don't get it anymore, maybe the game makes fun of me. And they are on a track that has about 250 km of completed of 5 trains and AI will send them against each other, it's funny.

Christopher824

I have Trainz + , Build 117669 B.V. 5.1 Map used 5.023 from 672.588 kuids I also don't know why you need to know and what has that got to do with it?

Since the first SP1 update for TRS 22 was released, the game has started to behave strangely. For example, I wonder why some commands have stopped working and are not in the selection, I need advice here, I feel that some cdp files are arguing over scripts.

The first time I wrote in support was the answer was, "Did you turn the application off and on?" We do not need such advice, but the solution of the overall problems themselves. The game itself has nice potential, but why so many new versions or standalone TRS games. When the development was I wrote a request for better weather, I saw that raindrops are noisier than a locomotive engine. I don't know how many people have a problem with the AI, but I will definitely not be alone, so advise me how to set switches and switches or create a route for each train separately so that another train can pass the same line but on a different track, but so that the switch is not locked for the whole playing time. So my request is how? And what kuid to use for a functional switch. :(

Back