SDY Trainz website - Legit info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricomon35

SceneWright

EDIT: The main purpose of this thread is to determine if SDY is or is not pirating/selling copyrighted or improperly licensed assets. I need to decide whether to permit sharing of the site on the Facebook group site

This requires verifiable evidence not hearsay. If you can provide help with this, of course reply, BUT, please refrain from just replying with good intentions hearsay.

Came across this Trainz website
https://www.sdytrainz.com/.

Need to find out if the site is legitimately selling or selling pirate content.

The question of the site being run by a former CPS content member, and distributing CPS copyrighted content has been brought up.

Has anyone has bought any of the payware locos available there?

Does anyone know the creator names?

Any other helpful info in determining site legitimacy?

Rico

Last edited:
I would think not, because all of his work is of his own, but I wouldn't know. I believe he's just another creator trying to make a bit of money. His stuff looks really good from the preview images. A friend and I discussed it and we said it was possible but unlikely. Give him an email and see whats up.

I would think not, because all of his work is of his own, but I wouldn't know. I believe he's just another creator trying to make a bit of money. His stuff looks really good from the preview images. A friend and I discussed it and we said it was possible but unlikely. Give him an email and see whats up.

Thanks for the input and suggestion DARTrider :wave:

Since the site has zero identifiers for the creator, no info about the loco meshes, wip info etc etc., I highly doubt the sites legitimacy.

The site discord link is invalid, the contact page is a blank box form letter. Personally, I think the site is not legit.

As I'm one of the admins on the Trainz FB group, I need solid, (verifiable?) information, I will wait for some solid non-speculative info before taking action.

Rico

We'll have to see where this goes, we could be bringing a theif down or just framing somebody. I learnt this the hard way, and I don't want anyone else to go through the same shame and embarrassment at all.

I asked him about what happened to his stuff a while back since it disappeared and he responded, his name is Logan Perreault. If he's accepting commissions he's likely making the stuff himself. Alex, are the SDP40F's any good?

They have parts that are stolen from CPS models, along with Logan's other models. I wouldn't recommend buying them, just stick with the ones on Track 29.

Should maybe give people the benefit of the doubt before accusing them of stealing and fraud. You have no idea if he was a part of CPS and got permission to use there meshes.

Should maybe give people the benefit of the doubt before accusing them of stealing and fraud. You have no idea if he was a part of CPS and got permission to use there meshes.

Yeah, I feel like he was just a CPS member that we didn't know about and after the dissolution he made his own website and got permission.

They have parts that are stolen from CPS models, along with Logan's other models. I wouldn't recommend buying them, just stick with the ones on Track 29.

I appreciate the info, BUT....

Without seeing the contents of the Locos, and being able to examine meshes, configs, license statements and compare that info to the (JR and CPS) assets he supposedly stole, I can't determine any culpability.

Rico

actually the CPS staff are actually aware of this guy and his models and have stated the use of those meshes was prohibited. so, i kinda know what i'm talking about, yknow?

What we know, is only what you claim.

No evidence, no crime.

This is not personal, its simply responsible public discorse to back any claim of wrong doing with evidence of said wrong doing.

You should look at that quote more carefully. Unless it is a typo, it says use of the meshes is prohibited.

Lot of hearsay, assumptions and no hard evidence either way. If there was a falling out between creators, that is a pretty grey area as to who owns the rights to what, always two sides to any disagreement.
Need to be 100% certain and have evidence before naming and accusing anyone of anything without actual proof or clarification from those involved.

If I spot anything dodgy I contact the original creator, rather than assume that something was done without permission and go public on here about it, exception being if it's my asset when obviously I would have the evidence, have had a few cloned items that are identical to the original removed from the DLS.

If in doubt, avoid until full facts are clarified which is not looking likely at present.

Lot of hearsay, assumptions and no hard evidence either way. If there was a falling out between creators, that is a pretty grey area as to who owns the rights to what, always two sides to any disagreement.
Need to be 100% certain and have evidence before naming and accusing anyone of anything without actual proof or clarification from those involved.

If I spot anything dodgy I contact the original creator, rather than assume that something was done without permission and go public on here about it, exception being if it's my asset when obviously I would have the evidence, have had a few cloned items that are identical to the original removed from the DLS.

If in doubt, avoid until full facts are clarified which is not looking likely at present.

I agree with your statement not for sure how many content creators there was for CPS but this could be his own content he made for CPS that he is selling on his own website so if that is the case then there is no wrong doing unless they all signed a legal document stating that no content creator can use the content that was made for CPS than can never used on a private website offering their content for sale just saying.

Logan has used my parts without my permission and parts that I was using from other creators in his models. We had a big argument about it and thats when he took his payware down but I guess its back up, I would appreciate it if you all would avoid buying his payware but if you already have his stuff then dont worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back