now what.

EJB

so i shut the game down for lunch. i come back and restart and with the exception of bought routes and built in i have nothing. the same goes for all the payware locomotives .
what caused this? oh by the way i also had to sign in. i can't remember ever doing that for a long time. i haven changed the way ihave been doing these operations yet something always goes wrong.
major frustated.
ejb

well this just about does it for me. i no longer have my routes. in map view they are there but when you zoom down to look at it close their is nothing. all i did was shut the game down for lunch. oh and by the way i also lost the kuid-25:1182 again. t bought the c&o hinton route to get the kuid -25:1182 and it worked. couldn't do anything with the route( won't let me) and now i have a bunch of steam engines which i really don't care anything about. i do not have a degree in computers. maybe yoou should stipulate the fact that it is necessary. what a shame i really do like the game. i just get sick of fixing the damn thing.
i'll park it for a while till i cool off.
ejb
it is really a shame that you have made the GAME so complicated. it is suppose to be fun

i've done two of them. i finally got the landscape and guess what? kuid -25:1182 is missing again. even though i downloaded c& o hinton for 20.00 dollars. this makes the third time i have to somehow this stupid invisible trak . funny thing about 1182 is you really can't touch it in the content manager but it sure can disappear and when it does your game falls apart. should be downloadable if it is so important.

Go into Content Manager.

Check that this asset isn't a modified. If it says modified, right-click and choose Revert to original.

Something glitched your system to cause this issue to occur. Do you have your system on a UPS? A quick brown out or surge can screw with files especially when saving. All it needs is a bit to flip one way or another to corrupt data.

From your track line, I take it that this is all happening in TRS19? What build? When the launcher opens, there is a build number in the lower left corner.
When you shut the game for lunch, do you also turn off the computer? Even though there is nothing on the screen, the database is still wrapping things up behind the scenes so to is always a good idea to wait a minute after a shut down before closing the computer.

OMG this... Its really annoying but shutting down windows right after quitting can Absolutely blow up your database.

After everything disappears from your screen there can still be a process running for Trainz that WinDOHz will simply pull the plug on while its in the middle of closing files.

Now if the asset is truly gone, like it was never installed, and not just faulty or open for edit, that may be another problem.

a lot of open for edit payware cannot be repaired. it seems i am not authorized. i finally got rr mods ac4400 csx back i found a trio of FURX sd 40s but the engine has been replaced at least 50+ times and i grow weary of clicking each one.

Use "Revert to Original" ANY time an asset is "open for editing" and you didn't open it.

EXCEPT when you have updated an existing asset via the Import Content Files or Import Content Folder options. If you "Revert" you will delete the new update and it will revert to the previous version.

i have 2 engines from jr. payware new upgraded download. what do you do with this? absolute close to a hundred and has to be one at a time. at 74 i'll be dead before that is done. it is painstaking to even do this.
once again when does this game become fun? in less than a year i have done this rebuild and if there was another trains sim i would have left this . doing maintenance all the time is not what i would classify as fun. i apologise for venting .
ejb
another problem is removing the layers. i edo not use them and really find them to only complicate route building.

Last edited:
I've always believed in KISS. I've said it before that Trainz has become way too geeky for many of us. This is supposed to be a train simulator and not a job and not something that requires a BA in Engineering and Computer Science to operate. I even made a recommendation that there be two operation modes. There could be a basic mode which allows for the simple stuff such as running routes and building routes without the extra baggage and then there is an advanced mode that is essentially what we have now.

For downloads, you can do a couple or a few at a time, if that helps much. I know that's annoying, and I feel the store interface is really in need of some development. How about a new items tab for instance? This would save time and make it a lot easier to find the new items available for download without scrolling through the gazillion or more that might be installed.

But why should you need to do a fresh installation? Your content is still there. What you need to do is use the browse option in the install tab by clicking on the 3-dots, to connect back to your database. Once that's completed TRS19 will want to restart and probably run a DBR, but you should be all set.

Layers are both a blessing and a curse. I hardly use them but there are many people who will use them for all kinds of things. Unfortunately, we can't get rid of them. For route editing, I do it the old-fashioned way and do the editing in the Route editor and rarely if ever use the new UDS unless I'm testing something. Other than that, it's switching modes to drive my session and edit in the route editor just like I've done since TRS2004.

the problem is most of my payware and even freeware all have missing assets. which means i have nothing. even the routes which had no layers now have them. which means i can't even level the track.
and to top it off i have to log in every time i go to the forums. i have been with trainz from the get go and now i have pretty much lost everything.
i'm wondering how many people n3v has lost because of the complicated things they have added. maybe the should put a warning label on their advertisement on their adds: you will need a masters degree to use this program.
now my question is should i in fact do a complete install to try to get all the assets that presently lost?
the problems that for some reason plague me all year are really a shame since as far as i know their is nothing like trainz.
thanks again
ejb
its not like i just started trainz and really do nothing for this to happen. i have no viruses that could cause this. i have never had this severe problems except with 2019 and now they are coming out with another? lot of money wasted with payware. being retired more than hurts.

Just to be clear, how did the payware and freeware get in to TRS19? Direct from source (DLS or Trainz Store) or did you copy them from a previous version? While copying from a previous version is doable, it can have some interesting glitches depending on local conditions.

Too bad you don't like layers, I couldn't create a route without them. Being able to freeze or even hide stuff I don't want to accidentally move while working on nearby objects would be next to impossible if they were not on a different layer.

What are the close to hundred, referring to the 2 engines? Are these downloads that have to be done one at a time or installs into TRS19? If downloads, ask jr. payware if they have a zipped version.

If you have to login every time you come here, then perhaps your browser is not remembering to log you in automatically.

Last edited:
the close to one hundred assets are the actual engine. i didn't need the loco to warrant all that effort. i deleted both of them. just about all of JR locomotive have missing dependencies which didn't before whatever has happened to the game. this "game"
should not need so much maintenance. it is a game .
thanks
ejb

Ah, so it's between you and JR. Interesting that you need 100 individual downloads for their engine. But if you already downloaded them in the past, why not just re-install them from the original installation files you initially got. You did save them?
Still don't get why you now have missing dependencies when you didn't before. As was mentioned, if those objects were accidentally opened for editing, revert to original to restore them to working objects. If they are truly missing then you have bigger database issues. Pending hard-drive failure?

To me, it sounds like TRS19 has done an upgrade and created a new data folder. If you say even the routes which had no layers now have them would indicate an upgraded patch has taken place.

To me, it sounds like TRS19 has done an upgrade and created a new data folder. ....
Good point. Did you store your Trainz files in a place other than the default location? All of my Trainz stuff is on a different internal drive. After a new install, I have to tell Trainz where the old data is located. See Trainz Settings / Install. The location of the Local Data Folder is shown.

Back