now what.

locos

actually, the locos weren't JR assets. like i said deleted as i personally did not see them worth worth all the effort with all the other repairs. the amount of asset repairs is almost overwhelming.
i have yet found the what to do with all the problems that the CM is showing. is there a list of haw to fix these problems?
i am presently trying to repair all this after the install.
thanks
ejb

so how do i fix the track so it is back to laying on its ballast. all my assets are kept on external drives SSD. i do not use layers and now it seems i have them.
as far as content manager this is a few things i am trying to fix: modified faulty, UNTITLED open for edit , open for edit newer version available, and open for edit obsolete. the open for edits are huge and a lot of them i can't do anything with. it would seem since this content manager is so complex that there would be a way to learn what these repairs are and how to fix them.

large number of Open for edits? Stop over thinking the problem, step one get rid of the Open for edits.

Select all of them, same as you would do for selecting multiple files in Explorer, Highlight first asset hold down Shift key and click on the last asset, that will select all of them.

Or

Highlight first asset, file > Select all which again will select all of them.

Then right click, revert to original should fix the problem in one go, then see how things are then.

Last edited:
So where does Content Manager think the local data folder is located? When you say external drives, as in plural, is that were the local data folder is too. It can only be on one drive.

My track and ballast are one object spline. And usually the ballast extends below the ground to compensate for uneven terrain. Unless you're building on billiard smooth land, there will always be small dips under the track that need to be filled. Are you using tracks without integrated ballast?

Layers have been part of Trainz since TS2010 (I think) and were added by popular demand since most similar software had them. CAD programs, Photo editors, etc. Their conspicuous absence from the Trainz editor was becoming a real PITA. Although, just because they are there, doesn't mean you have to use them.

sorry for the time it takes to reply. my track apparently has been layered. since i do not care for layers i can't level the track. it is randomly floating just above the ballast. like i said i really don't care for layers and tis should not be a problem.
i presently have stopped as this is really frustrating and the loss of anything playable is presently not working. still looking for explanations for the content manager about obsolete, faulty and whatever the cm wants to throw at me.
thanks for your help
ejb

Don't see how having layers causes track to float and prevents you from adjusting their height. Unless the track is on its own layer and locked. If that's the case, unlock it and any other layers and then merge them all into one layer. Voila, back to the simple single layer system from before, while you lose all the advantages of layers.
As for session layers. If you open a map but editing the route, a new session is always created even if one of more existing sessions exist. That's because Trainz has no way of knowing which session to open. Since some trainz settings are automatically saved in the current session layer, IIRC, portal settings among others, they will not be accessible by the route if a new session is created. So always open the session for editing and then change the active layer to the one route layer you have before making any changes. Think of it like a house with multiple exterior doors. You still enter the same house but depending on which door you use, you'll access different closets on the way in.

there is nothing in the layer tab in the menu. it is totally empty and unlocked. i have never used it. it is way confusing and i really do not need it.. it is layers that is stopping the track from leveling itself to the ballast. at least i think it is.
sorry
ejb

There is always a route layer and a session layer in the layers tab so I don't know how you can say the tab is empty.
layers tab.JPG
And then how can you conclude that "layers is stopping the track from leveling?" I don't see the connection.

Deleted -- already answered by martinvk

Is it possible that you are trying to edit a route layer while in the session editor mode?

Last edited:
If the track is floating, could it be due using a mixture of PBR textures and non pbr track or PBR track and non PBR textures?

didn't happen before 3 days ago. the game was working just fine. as it stands right now after many years with trains i am going to shut it down. i just can't believe i am the only one.i will be emailing jointed rail to cancel my car club membership and callit a day. it is a shame as when working i really enjoyed this game and. two things really ticked me off. i did a "route" called consisit bjilder. with this i had every railcar and would build consist from the display. i also built a refinery for the last few years and both of these are GONE!!!!!!!. i have lost years of routes because of problems with 2019 and now they are releasing another one so we can began again. no thank you. i only would like to have fun with the GAME.fixing things all the time is not fun.
thanks again
ejb

Back