TTZ WIP Screenshots

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hello everyone! TTZ is proud to announce a new place to show off our stuff. This thread is for our works in progress (routes, models, reskins, etc.) and will be updated every so often. Keep an eye out for some good stuff!

Let's start this off with a great shot. Here's some work on Big City Switching with MILW locomotives.

2022-04-15-141613.jpg

Colorado Joint Line model railroad seems like quite an ambitious project. There's a bit of a switching route shown in the youtube video, Joint Line Trailer. A trackplan is available on their Facebook page. I may try that myself.

Best,
smyers

letting and logos would look a lot better if they didn't cover the details already present on the texture map.
The Trainz Forums would be a better place if people like you didn't count every single rivet and punch down on small creators. Then you wonder why JR and RRMods are the Big Two of Trainz content and why everyone keeps their models private. If you don't like what I'm making, and how I make it, either do it yourself or wait for JR, RRMods or someone else to do it for you.

Last edited:
That feels like a bit of an overreaction, I don’t think the intention here was to tell you to keep your content private, rather just give a suggestion to improve the quality of your reskin. I agree with Chris, when reskinning it’s best to make a blank, and then multiply that layer over the color and text layers, so you don’t loose any detail in the process. I believe there is a video on YouTube of how to make blanks and use them effectivey.

This video by AM should get you started in the right direction.

That feels like a bit of an overreaction, I don’t think the intention here was to tell you to keep your content private, rather just give a suggestion to improve the quality of your reskin. I agree with Chris, when reskinning it’s best to make a blank, and then multiply that layer over the color and text layers, so you don’t loose any detail in the process. I believe there is a video on YouTube of how to make blanks and use them effectivey.

This video by AM should get you started in the right direction.

Thanks for bringing me back to the present, Daylightrain. Yes, I can improve these skins a lot, as I never really thought about making a blank until I found out about the Bump Map method, but when I tried using the multiply layers for the letters, it would make them really dark and didn’t look good, so I never bothered. I’ll see what I can do to fix it. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

All I’ve seen is some broken E and F units and the stuff from TF

Yeah, it's a little bare, but hopefully the U33C will bring some new life into the PC scene. I may try a PC SW1 and SW1500 (to replace the old CPS one), and some F units if my time works out, so stay tuned!

I don't really know about more U33C's other than the D&H, EL and Guilford ones. I guess there's SP but that will take time, as I need to model a mars light mesh to put on the cab.

Dart how do you reskin I use gimp or paint.net but doesn’t always turn out right

This isn't really a 'help me with reskinning please' thread but I'll give you the basics. I use Paint.NET and GIMP for my reskins. Make sure to reset the texture's rotation and make sure to reset the alpha channel back to transparent so it looks correct. I recommend you post in the Content Creation Help thread for more help on the issue.

The Trainz Forums would be a better place if people like you didn't count every single rivet and punch down on small creators. Then you wonder why JR and RRMods are the Big Two of Trainz content and why everyone keeps their models private. If you don't like what I'm making, and how I make it, either do it yourself or wait for JR, RRMods or someone else to do it for you.

lmao you complained that no one would give you legit advice and i gave it to you. take it or leave it but have fun making mediocre reskins then, what i told you is like a baseline standard for all reskins but hey feel free to go against the grain and do worse

Back