Rotating Circle?

boleyd

Build 117009 Menu where you select routes or sessions, there is a white 3/4 circle that rotates continuously.

It "seems" harmless but I do have some errors that are not understood. Is there a way to reset "something" to remove the rotating circle?

Last edited:
Same spinning circle at the same place in TRS22 Build 117540. Didn't exist before today.

Build 117009 Menu where you select routes or sessions, there is a white 3/4 circle that rotates continuously.

It "seems" harmless but I do have some errors that are not understood. Is there a way to reset "something" to remove the rotating circle?

I am using same build. I have seen this for the last couple days. The TCCP is under development status, so maybe it's a Content Store update in preperation of TRS22 official release.

I have not seen any ill effects of it. I have been ignoring it and all seems fine.

Yes I have it as well. If it is a consequence of work in progress it would have been great to have been told to expect it, rather than being left wondering it it is good or bad for our installations.

What ever it is that is causing it, it is common to both TRS22 and TRS19.

It his is doing here also. The jerk is adding more problem and making me madder. RJArtim

Last edited:
Same here. Tony did mention that N3V Devs are working on the Content Store, so this maybe the results. It doesn't affect the program other than a spinning circle on the menu.

The rotating Circle which I am not getting here at all is usually caused by the following and is not related in anyway to N3V doing anything to your install other than maybe a server login issue causing repeated login attempts. check the log.
Database being cached after downloading a lot of assets or new DLC from manage content.
Database being cached after doing a database repair, disk activity can continue after Manage Content has finished the DBR see screen shot below.
Database doing a repair due to a bad shutdown or crash.
AV doing a scan if Trainz not excluded.
Antimalware doing a scan if Trainz not excluded.
Windows search indexing any new or changed files, disable it on Trainz folders.

This was disk activity in Resource Monitor 5 minutes after a Database Repair had finished, think this is due to disk caching updating the MFT and such as I have indexing and on access paranoia scanning disabled for Trainz folders, always worth checking if you have been doing a lot, that disk activity has actually finished before shutting down Windows which has a mind of it's own.

Last edited:
This is the big white circle that appears in the routes and sessions menu.

I checked my resources and they're normal. Malware and antivirus scanning is disabled and so is search index for the Trainz folders. Login is fine and there's nothing else amiss other than the big white circle in the menu located right across the different routes or sessions if there's more than one.

I can confirm exactly what JCitron has confirmed as I also made similar checks and my conclusions were the same, nothing amiss apart from the white circle. I made the checks in both TRS19 and TRS22.

In addition I have seen the "hourglass" replace the usual cursor when it appears. I do not see any "functional" slow down. It seems harmless on my system. Have not seen it today so maybe an on the fly change was made. or it wore out.

Edit: It is there in TRS22(117540). Must have become used to it.

Last edited:
The rotating circle on TS 2019 main pages remains. 8/4/2023
Is this version too old to warrant repair?
Another 2019 update would cause a lot of message traffic.

Back