Weird route corruption

dangavel

I don't expect an answer to this situation, but to describe it briefly.
My route kept on crashing in TRS 2019 on Mac, would not even open ,it was crashing on launching , extended rebuilds of database did nothing, I imported the cdp to windows, no issues at all, however, if I save the route in windows and import it back to the mac, it will open BUT its environmental settings are fritzed and I cannot change them in any way , tools don't work.

I reinstalled TRS 2019 on the mac, but the problem still persists, I'm loath to continue with this version as it might have issues further down the line and I'd hate it to not work on the mac, so I think I should revert to an earlier uncorrupted version, I will lose some work but not more than a few hours worth in total .
Very strange situation , even if make a new kuid of the route, it still has the same issue on the mac side , but no obvious issues on the windows version.

I suggest you submit a bug report and send the route to QA to check it out. Strange but shouldn't occur.

I suggest you submit a bug report and send the route to QA to check it out. Strange but shouldn't occur.

I would, BUT , you wont support the version of 2019 I have , which is 98569 .
I cant update either as I believe you only provide an online update to 2019 which my current computer cant run . I have a mac pro 2010 which can only run OSX up to Mohave , I currently use High Sierra. I'd have to try to install Mohave on a separate drive and keep my high sierra install to run my expensive to replace 32 bit legacy apps. it would also mean I'd have to switch from os to os version in order to use items like photoshop for reskinning, its easier to just revert back to an earlier version of the route .
When 2022 comes out that is the end of the line for the mac pro , I'll either update to a newer mac or just work on my windows laptop and use the macs for my graphics work.

I've had weird things such as crashes that a DBR or reinstall wouldn't fix. As a hunch, I tried this, and it worked:

Create a new route. No editing needed.

Import your route that's crashing.

Save as a new route. You can keep the same name as your previous broken route, but for sanity's sake, give it a slightly new name such as with a version number.

Close that route and reopen it again and see if that works.

I've had weird things such as crashes that a DBR or reinstall wouldn't fix. As a hunch, I tried this, and it worked:

Create a new route. No editing needed.

Import your route that's crashing.

Save as a new route. You can keep the same name as your previous broken route, but for sanity's sake, give it a slightly new name such as with a version number.

Close that route and reopen it again and see if that works.
First thing I tried, , it usually works.. but , in this case, as I said, it works in windows, but when imported back to Mac, the environmental controls don't work. If a complete reinstall doesn't fix it , I think I have to move on. It might work in a newer version of 2019, but I've explained why I can't do that on the Mac in my post to Tony .

First thing I tried, , it usually works.. but , in this case, as I said, it works in windows, but when imported back to Mac, the environmental controls don't work. If a complete reinstall doesn't fix it , I think I have to move on. It might work in a newer version of 2019, but I've explained why I can't do that on the Mac in my post to Tony .

I saw that which is why I posted the fix that you tried as well.

I don't understand why the environment settings are different between the platforms.

Does this occur with all routes, or just this one?

I don't understand why the environment settings are different between the platforms.

Probably related to Windows being DirectX and Mac OpenGL or whatever Apple have replaced it with now. (Out of touch with Apples "improvements")

Just that one save , very strange , never had it happen before. All other routes work ok on both platforms.

Probably related to Windows being DirectX and Mac OpenGL or whatever Apple have replaced it with now. (Out of touch with Apples "improvements")
Doesnt occur on any other route , its only saves of this particular version, if it was a general apple thing i could understand it but its never happened before on any import or export ive done from one platfrom to another. i could try it on another 2019 install i have on another mac which has an older osx which i used to make the uintah.

Can you create a blank route with the same environmental settings then import your old route?

It may be that the data for the environmental settings is corrupted in your route.

For years I had "clear water" and I mean crystal clear as in nearly invisible. This occurred in TS2009 after a major hard lock up when my water turned solid like the powdered contents of one of those instant soups. After recovering from that hard lock up, I had absolutely clear water.

I tried everything with no luck at all, even changing versions from TS2009 to TS2010 and then TS12 without one change. Then one day, while in TS12 I took out my old route and was editing it and decided to take a piece of an earlier version and merge the then current iteration into the old one instead of the other way around. When I checked things out, I had my water back just as I had it originally.

Back