Looking for someone to reskin

don_csx

I'm looking for someone interested in reskinning a couple locomotives and a few pieces of rolling stock. If anyone is interested please contact me .
Thanks
Don

Last edited:
Don,

Sorry I can't help you with the reskin but please remove your email from your post. By putting your email address into your forum post, spam bots will have a field day.

…please remove your email from your post…

Or at least edit it a bit so that the bots cant straight up harvest it. E.g. “dontspamme@example.com” could be changed to “dontspamme(at)example(dot)com” That way the bots may have a harder time harvesting the addresses.

Or at least edit it a bit so that the bots cant straight up harvest it. E.g. “dontspamme@example.com” could be changed to “dontspamme(at)example(dot)com” That way the bots may have a harder time harvesting the addresses.

This is a Myth. There is nothing stopping string substitution from easily picking this up.

Justin is right. Webcrawler scripts are very smart these days. However, if you have access to a bot net then there is a much quicker way to harvest valid email addresses. Just query the target email server directly by pretending to be a mail server with a message to be delivered.

The handshake procedure between the servers go something like this in plain english.

Sending server: I have a message for joe@targetdomian.com
Receiving server: OK, I have a email account by that address, send the message. In this case the bot logs the email address as valid and drops the connection.
or
Receiving server: Sorry, that is not a valid user and drops the connection.

With even a tiny botnet of a few hundred thousand bots, you can build a list of valid email addresses at a domain in a few hours.

This works because the bot net is using different IP addresses to make the connections and a connection dropping prematurely is not uncommon. Now if you tried this from your home Internet connection, the incoming server would flag your IP address and block it after a certain number of invalid user attempts.

Of course, getting the spam past the spam filter is a whole different problem for the spammer but large list of valid users on a server can fetch a good amount of money on the dark web.

I'm looking for someone interested in reskinning a couple locomotives and a few pieces of rolling stock. If anyone is interested please contact me .
Thanks
Don

Which locos/rolling stock assets are wanting re-skinned, and what type of reskinning?
Full scheme change? Re-lettering for a different company/line? Color changes?

Pics of the changes to be made would also help. :)

Rico

I'm wanted a SD40-2, a coal car and Bay window caboose done up in my fictional line called the KV&O (Kentucky Virginia & Ohio). Thanks https://sites.google.com/view/kvo-railroad/motive-power/emd-sd40-2

1259.html
emd-sd40-2

Back