Trainz 2012 continues to shut down involuntarily.

JonMyrlennBailey

This used to happen in Windows 7 Home Premium every couple of months or so. Usually this calls for a reinstall of the game altogether. Anything I should try first? I use Microsoft Windows 10 Home. In Windows 10 Home, I have not been experiencing involuntary shutdowns while editing a Route in Surveyor as I had been doing in Windows 7. It happens while editing the Session or during Drive.

Wse8mJ.jpg

Last edited:
1) Ensure you have installed the updated 64-bit C++ libraries from Microsoft. You can get them directly from Microsoft's downloads.
I don't remember what C++ version you have with TS12. It's been a while since I used it.

2) Ensure you have all your latest updated graphics drivers available for your video card.

If anything, I would check the video drivers first before digging for the C++ drivers.

3) You may have a system thing that's corrupted.

Run SFC /SCANNOW.

You need to run a command prompt with administrator privileges.

In the command prompt type SFC /SCANNOW and press enter.

The process will run a few minutes and will clean up anything that's off kilter.

1) Ensure you have installed the updated 64-bit C++ libraries from Microsoft. You can get them directly from Microsoft's downloads.
I don't remember what C++ version you have with TS12. It's been a while since I used it.

2) Ensure you have all your latest updated graphics drivers available for your video card.

If anything, I would check the video drivers first before digging for the C++ drivers.

3) You may have a system thing that's corrupted.

Run SFC /SCANNOW.

You need to run a command prompt with administrator privileges.

In the command prompt type SFC /SCANNOW and press enter.

The process will run a few minutes and will clean up anything that's off kilter.

I checked for Windows Updates. I'm up to date. Graphics driver checks up to date. In Programs and Features, these is a whole host of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables listed there.

Ws8JRe.jpg

WsS14V.jpg
Ws8BfV.jpg

Last edited:
HI,

a number of thoughts:-

unfortunately, Visual C++ versions aren’t always compatible across applications…

TS12 uses a lot of cpu power, and a medium amount of gpu power.
It’s worth checking the power supply is supplying the correct voltages without variation - there’s a number of software apps that can help.
Is your PC suffering from overheating? It may need a de-dusting!

Colin

Updating my GeForce NVDIA driver seems to have done the trick. TS12 Driver running for over 5 hours straight now with no shutdowns. All the Visual C++'s that have accumulated on my machine as listed in Programs and Features resulted from the original Windows 10 Home install followed by Windows Updates. Microsoft Windows did all that. They are nothing I manually installed. My Display Mode for Trainz is Direct X as opposed to OpenGL. Trainz 2012 selected that by default on install.

WtkEy7.png

Last edited:
The Runtime Library problem can be related to Visual C++ malfunction. It is possible that some Redistributables software is corrupted or missing, follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl.
2. Select the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable programs in the list and click Change in the upper bar.
3. Once the setup window is opened select the Repair button.
4. After finished, reboot your PC and see if Runtime error has been resolved.
5. You can also try deleting all Redistributables from the list and install them again, in case automatic repairing has not worked out.

After 10 hours of running Driver straight, it finally conked out as follows:

WDYPlj.jpg

In the past, a clean reinstall of Trainz has always fixed this, at least for several months. Running XDR never cuts it for this issue. I just ran my Visual C++ repairs in Programs and Features. The 2005 versions had no change option, I left them alone. The 2013 and 2015-2019 versions allowed Change and Repair followed by reboot. I'll see how it goes from there.

Last edited:
Back