CP Rocky Mountain Routes Sequence

Mike,

This might help you.

https://goo.gl/maps/uW3DQ5ThLZ5UX9rK7

Revelstoke is west of Rogers Pass and Golden and there's a bit of an overlap with the routes because they are arranged by division points.

Roy did have a larger route covering the complete Canadian Rockies for sale for TS12. I have that route and it's quite substantial. Driving the route at real prototypical speeds, took well over 10 hours end to end.

Hi John,

thanks very much. I believe the route sections available on the Trainz Store are missing sections.

Hence why i deleted my post. Searched for Roy's site and that seems to have disappeared.

Your mention of the TS12 version is what i was probably thinking about. I do vaguely remember that it was a massive creation, end to end.

Many thanks for taking the time to help John.

Regards,
Mike.

Actually, I think with the number of dlc routes now, there is overlapping coverage from Revelstoke almost to Lake Louise, and last I saw he was working on Calgary. So it is close to covering the Rocky Mountains. I think he posted once that he wanted to do it all as one route, but n3v had other ideas. But I do agree that purchasers should have the rights to merge them together, to keep with original vision. Then again, as updated routes, that may take more horsepower than a lot of folks have.

One route version, i would have purchased without any second thoughts.

Not a fan of all these short bits of routes buddy.

Particularly when N3V will not allow merging for payware.

Mike.

There is actually a freeware version of this that's one full merged route - the MBC route by Doug56/Cayden. Obviously it's not up to par with the newer RoysTrainz versions but it does cover basically the whole route and I've had a lot of fun with it personally. Grab the TS2010 version over the TS12 version (which uses older SpeedTrees that don't work in TRS19/22). It will probably require some fixes but hey... it's free.

http://www.doug56.net/MBC_2010_Route/page60.html

Last edited:
Back