Best way to find sessions

kmver

Whats the best way to find sessions for routes that come standard with 2019 & 2022 ? I like driving more then building. Thanks

Any route that comes installed with TRS19/TRS22 and has session to run will have those sessions available from the main screen.

1. From the Driver/Surveyor Menu select the route you want.
  2. Click the View Sessions button (bottom right of screen). If this button does not appear then the selected route does not have any sessions installed.
  3. Select the session you want.
  4. Click the Drive Session button (again bottom right of screen).

Whats the best way to find sessions for routes that come standard with 2019 & 2022 ? I like driving more then building. Thanks

Oddly, many route builders are not much interested in making sessions. Philskene is the exception, he releases freeware sessions for his payware routes. Look for his threads in the Freeware Announcement forum. There are a few creators that make sessions for built-in routes, look for their announcements in the same forum. Otherwise, it comes down to searching for sessions on the DLS and reading the description to see what route they run on.

Any route that comes installed with TRS19/TRS22 and has session to run will have those sessions available from the main screen.

1. From the Driver/Surveyor Menu select the route you want.
  2. Click the View Sessions button (bottom right of screen). If this button does not appear then the selected route does not have any sessions installed.
  3. Select the session you want.
  4. Click the Drive Session button (again bottom right of screen).

Sorry i was asking about sessions like on the down load station and such.

Last edited:
HI,
use the content manager filters to find:-
on download station
+ category = sessions
then add columns showing version.

Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to find a sessions association to a route..

Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to find a sessions association to a route..

Agree. It is up to the session creator to identify the parent route in the description they add to each session. All my session on the DLS, for example, include the name of the parent route.

There are a few trick when downloading sessions from the DLS.

There are almost 10,000 sessions to choose from. Click on the default Download Station filter then add the filter Category = Session and Minimum Build version = 4.5
This will reduce the list down to sessions created for TANE onwards.
Or use 5.0 for sessions for TRS19 SP5 and/or Trainz Plus/TRS22.

Next, sort by Author. This will show you who creates lots of sessions versus who has made only one.

Double click to read the description as any good session creator will tell you enough about the session in the description to give you an idea if this is a session you would be interested in.

Next trick is to download using "Download this version". That will download the session first.
Once it downloads, stop the remaining deps downloading and check the dependencies and find the route.
You can then download just that asset and loading the route without all the deps will also tell you if this is a full scale route, a model layout or a w.i.p etc.

As mentioned by wreeder in his post above, on the Download Station I have quite a few sessions for my routes. Each route and the associated sessions has a reasonably detailed description in my threads in the Forums. To find the write ups do an Advanced Search of the Forums, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

I realize that my unstructured "Chuck & Joe" sessions are not to everyone's taste. If you do decide to try them, I'd be interested in your feedback.

Phil

Back