Different colored water, texture, and level

Thai1On

Slave to my route
As work progresses on the L&A I found this today.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

How should I go about fixing this?

Dave

i personally don't use layers but if i had to guess i would this could be a layer problem.
ejb

I haven't used it yet but Trainz+/TRS22 and (I believe) TRS19 SP4 onwards, has a new Water Effects Layer to add to the TurfFX and Clutter Effects Layers. They (N3V) do not recommend using both the old water ground brush tool and the new Water Effect Layer in the same layout. Could that be the issue?

I haven't used it yet but Trainz+/TRS22 and (I believe) TRS19 SP4 onwards, has a new Water Effects Layer to add to the TurfFX and Clutter Effects Layers. They (N3V) do not recommend using both the old water ground brush tool and the new Water Effect Layer in the same layout. Could that be the issue?

I've seen this since TRS19 with the "regular" water. I sometimes get dark blocks and areas of water and the only way to fix it is to readjust the height then everything "snaps" into place and the lighter patches disappear. When raising the water, I've created lumps unexpectedly where one square would rise up and the rest of the water around it remained at the original height. It's one of those things that I've forgotten to mention or report because it's one of those things that occur only when placing or adjusting water then I forget about it afterwards when I go on to something else.

I believe that the Water Effect layer was introduced early (before SP4???) in TRS19 but not advertised. It is possible that what you saw may have been a result of both types of water being present??? Just a guess.

Hi All
This may be due to the different height of the water. The further the water is from the terrain, the darker the effect will be between the water surface and the terrain.

If you are mixing classic water, and water effect layers, then there will definitely be a difference in look as the water effect layers are generated in a different way to classic water. Classic water uses the 'water colour' box in the environment settings to set the colour, whilst water effect layers use the top skybox colour to set the water colour (or more, the water reflects the top sky colour).

Regards

Hi All
This may be due to the different height of the water. The further the water is from the terrain, the darker the effect will be between the water surface and the terrain.

If you are mixing classic water, and water effect layers, then there will definitely be a difference in look as the water effect layers are generated in a different way to classic water. Classic water uses the 'water colour' box in the environment settings to set the colour, whilst water effect layers use the top skybox colour to set the water colour (or more, the water reflects the top sky colour).

Regards

So, to correct this I should replace all the water? Should I use surveyor classic or 2.0?

Dave

Back