Modified Faulty = Obsolete

boleyd

Modified Faulty = Obsolete:

Build 117540 Red exclamation symbol beside the Session on the Menu.

Several assets marked as Modified Faulty show as Obsolete when "updates" are downloaded.
I may just delete them rather than going through the steps to only find that they are obsolete..
Had in TRS19 also.

How would you know if the assets are obsolete and now faulty before you downloaded the updates?

You can delete the now obsolete-faulty assets without any issue.

How would you know if the assets are obsolete and now faulty before you downloaded the updates?

You can delete the now obsolete-faulty assets without any issue.
=================================================================================
I agree that unless the real copy (faulty) is downloaded the customer has a few seconds of hope that a new download would be ok. But, requiring the customer to download an allegedly new copy and suffer disappointment hmmmm.:':)'(

If assets are “modified, faulty”, it could be that your modification was what made them faulty. And if you have faulty assets, for whatever reason, shouldn’t you be happy the creators made updates to replace them? If the updates are from the DLS, you have some assurance they are fault-free due to the DLS validation that every upload has to pass before it is accepted. If the update is from some third party website, then it’s anyone’s guess as to the error status, but you must know that if you’re willing to deal with non-DLS items.

I really don’t understand what you’re complaining about. It’s just the system doing exactly what it was designed to to.

Last edited:
=================================================================================
I agree that unless the real copy (faulty) is downloaded the customer has a few seconds of hope that a new download would be ok. But, requiring the customer to download an allegedly new copy and suffer disappointment hmmmm.:':)'(

That's pretty rare, although it does happen and when that occurs, report it to the content creator for repair.

The label "Modified" is added to the status of any asset that you have (a) created yourself, (b) cloned from an existing asset, or (c) modified from the original.

The label "Obsolete" is added to any asset where an updated version has been installed. The "Obsolete" will appear on any and all earlier versions that you have installed. While I have never tried it, it would/could be possible to have an older asset that you have modified (probably only by method c above) replaced by an updated version.

Modified also applies to assets installed from third party sites or from the DLS Website and imported rather than using manage content and any assets you have imported from previous versions or installs of Trainz.

The label "Modified" is added to the status of any asset that you have (a) created yourself, (b) cloned from an existing asset, or (c) modified from the original.

The label "Obsolete" is added to any asset where an updated version has been installed. The "Obsolete" will appear on any and all earlier versions that you have installed. While I have never tried it, it would/could be possible to have an older asset that you have modified (probably only by method c above) replaced by an updated version.

I have never seen the label "Obsolete". I have risk a download and then change the Manage Contents to "Faulty" to see whether the current build likes it or not.

Back