Speedtrees Flashing

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

Before I submit a bug report, I wondered if anyone else had encountered the below? The tree branches on some trees around the route 'flash', that is they flicker between white and textured every second as if the texture hasn't quite loaded. I've only noticed it on trees by RMM and only since I patched to TRS+ build 117464.

3NoIpmR.jpg

birk90y.jpg

Il1WJON.jpg

1xqFC8h.jpg

Short video showing the effect in game: https://i.imgur.com/tqGhutR.mp4

**Edit** it appears that the issue only occurs if the shadow quality is set to anything below Ultra from the launcher settings menu. Seems odd that that would be the problem but so far its pointing that way on my end.

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Encountered and reported this in TRS19 and TRS22 (all builds) since a long time, especially on spruces/pines (the whole trees are flickering) and bushes.

Encountered and reported this in TRS19 and TRS22 (all builds) since a long time, especially on spruces/pines (the whole trees are flickering) and bushes.

I did the same and also in MPS for some Eucalyptus trees ages ago.

This might have something to do with the graphics performance level. I set my trees to Normal and my shaders to Standard to help with the performance and keep the heat down in the computer.

Not getting it here no matter what settings, just done some testing to check, maybe down to which speed trees are being used?

Hi Malc,

I was using st_rmm_dub23_2630_20m although I have since gone back to shadows on Ultra quality and the issue has disappeared.

It's really odd but there you go. No doubt Tony and co. will have a look if others have reported it and be able to find a fix.

Cheers,

PLP

Odd isn't it - it's the other way around for me. When on Ultra shadow settings the trees are fine but anything below that and I get the white branches.

Most peculiar. Glad to see I'm not the only one getting it though so hopefully N3V can pinpoint the problem and provide a fix in due course.

Cheers,

PLP

I'm seeing this as well Tom - I kept meaning to ask you if it was just me.

In my case they are very brief flickers, almost like lightning. It's only that tree, and I haven't yet tested in any other routes.

Anthony

Yes they are brief my end too; I posted a video right at the bottom of my post that shows you in real time. Not massively noticeable in the sense that it ruins the game, but noticeable enough when creeping past at 15mph or so.

I think that is the only tree I have seen it on too to be fair; I thought there were others but it appears that is the only one it shows on on my PC. Very odd effect, and stranger still that the shadow quality seems to impact it.

The problem I have with shadow quality is that a Ultra, anything set in the evening (around 6pm) stutters like crazy. I'm not sure why, as I have a powerful PC that was custom built within the last year but there you go. If I turn the shadow quality down the stutter disappears but then the trees have a fit!

Cheers,

PLP

Back