Purchasing Trainz

Ray1977

Hi there, I was hoping for an idiot's guide to purchasing Trainz, for people like me who don't game much and aren't familiar with how it all works.

I am familiar with Trainz 2004, where you bought the product outright and you owned it (and anything you downloaded from the DLC) forever.

Is there a similar type deal for Trainz 2022 or 2019? I've looked at the purchase page and I can't see anything of that kind. Thanks very much.

TRS22 is to be released soon. You can pre-purchase it now and use the beta version until its release. This gives you access to DLC packages & DLS free content. It is yours to keep but you don't have access to the extras shown in the two membership lists at present. These are still being tested at the present time.
You could buy the Plus membership for 1 year and use TRS22 game and its new features to see how it goes and purchase it later. TRS22 is only loaned if you only have a membership and not purchased the full version.
https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022#purchase

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. If I purchase outright, are my downloads from the DLC permanent too?

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. If I purchase outright, are my downloads from the DLC permanent too?

Only the free ones that are included with the game or ones you purchase. Gold membership gives access to all DLC while you are a member so you could test out the routes before purchase. There is also a monthly membership available if you just want a quick look. I think it's about $15.00.

Hi Ray,

I have a Lifetime FCT - if you have one, this may factor into your purchase options - some of the subscriptions come with a FCT - but only for as long as your subscription lasts!
I've done the pre-purchase option with Trainz Plus - this lets me have the Surveyor 2.0. If I cease the subscription, I will lose the Surveyor 2.0 and be back using Surveyor 1, but TRS 22 is valid after the end of the subscription.

It does depend on your intended use.

As others have said, TS22 does require more CPU and GPU to run an high resolutions and frame rates. However, the load is more equally shared between CPU and GPU than the old versions.

If you would like to post your PC specs, I'm sure that you'll get several views on how well your system will manage TS22.

All the best,
Colin

Thanks very much for all of the kind responses. Re the hardware, I recently purchased a laptop with an RTX 3050 so I fall in the category of someone who has the equipment but is still figuring out how to use it! I think I'll take up the suggestion of pre-purchasing and seeing how I go from there. Thanks again everyone.

Hi
Just Reading through the above posts, and I have just 1 question. What is the difference between Surveyor 1.0 and Surveyor 2.0?

Thank you.

alby6
What is the difference between Surveyor 1.0 and Surveyor 2.0?

Surveyor 2.0 is still in development as a potential successor to the current 'Classic' Surveyor tools in T:ANE, TRS19 and TRS22.
It is available now to Trainz+ and Gold subscriber membership users for beta testing and evaluation. It should appear in some future 'Trainz product' and is NOT included in the upcoming retail release of TRS22.

Here's a document outlining the scope and use of the new, experimental Surveyor 2.0 features.
https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs
It also includes tutorials...

And here is a feedback thread from this forum:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165952-Surveyor-2-0-feedback-thread

Last edited:
Back