Street Running Help Needed

jeff1959

I am trying to replicate the photo shown below. I can get the rails at the right level. But what I can't find are the boards that are on each side of the rails. I have searched on the DLS with no success. I am certain there is something out there, however, I am not finding what I need. Thanks for the help.

LaGrange-Street-Running.jpg

Use YARN roads. They're thick enough to bury the tracks so that the rails just show through the surface. You can then place grade-crossing assets such as the track-objects JR Rubber or JR Wood grade-crossings on the track. I do this all the time and it looks pretty.

Use YARN roads. They're thick enough to bury the tracks so that the rails just show through the surface. You can then place grade-crossing assets such as the track-objects JR Rubber or JR Wood grade-crossings on the track. I do this all the time and it looks pretty.

Top of the morning to you John,

Was always curious about how to do something like this, I love Street Running, and need to do this setup more often on my Trainz Routes, I used to see lots of this stuff when I was around Los Angeles and San Francisco areas back in the 1950's , oops, that is a very long time ago, when I was Curious and Knee High to a Tadpole to speak.......:hehe:

The most amazing thing ever is in You Tube watching Trains in some areas that still do the Street Runs with Freight, and I think People Freak out once in while not ever realizing it still exists even today.........

Of course John you know folks still think an Engineer sees everything, and can stop on a Dime, and oh yeah, he has a Steering Wheel in the Cab just like a Car! Yup there are some folks who really think that. Sadly really bad Accidents and Fatalities still occur due to these Gross Misconceptions! :(

Blue, yeah people do freak out and there are a few places I know of with one I've seen in real life but sadly is long gone now. Back then, the trains moved along with the traffic like everyone else, and people got out of the way when necessary. This line served the various mills and warehouses located along Canal Street in Lawrence and similarly in Lowell.

Do these planks,boards or ties parallel and next to the rails, for the passage of the railroad through the streets, have any official name?

Do these planks,boards or ties parallel and next to the rails, for the passage of the railroad through the streets, have any official name?

These are grade crossing track-objects that are all in one piece.

<kuid:334896:26151> JR Concrete Grade Crossing
<kuid:334896:26152> JR Rubber Grade Crossing
<kuid:135229:100291> JR Wood Grade Crossing
<kuid2:487560:26011:2> JR Wood Grade Crossing 1
<kuid2:487560:26010:3> JR Wood Grade Crossing

In the next few days these "Street Boards Track" will be available on the DLS, I didn't know what to name them, they will be splines with the correct height with the track and they will have to be aligned with the track.

composicion-street1.jpg

Those are very nice, Frank_Dean. Thank you very much for creating those.

That name makes sense.

Thanks for your comments.
They have the appropriate height with respect to the railway tracks. Normally the railway tracks in Trainz are 30 cm high at the head or rolling area of the rail. The sleepers, planks or boards are at 29.5cm. The problem occurs with the authors of highways and roads that from what I have seen, each one makes them with a different height, for which we have to change the heights (tracks or splines) so that everything coincides in height.

A DLS search on "strab" will reveal a wealth of German tramway/streetcar items that might prove useful if you are building a street running route.

You might want to try "Strabgleis 2oF" (tram street track, no overhead, build 2.0) or "PW - Strab Gleis 3" (build 3.3).

Yes, they're both pretty ancient, but they work for me, in TRS19.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your comments.
They have the appropriate height with respect to the railway tracks. Normally the railway tracks in Trainz are 30 cm high at the head or rolling area of the rail. The sleepers, planks or boards are at 29.5cm. The problem occurs with the authors of highways and roads that from what I have seen, each one makes them with a different height, for which we have to change the heights (tracks or splines) so that everything coincides in height.

Yes, I adjusted the thick roads down a very tiny bit and your assets work perfect.

Back