What's the difference between TANE Platinum, and TANE Platinum (full product)?

Jelly_baka

Besides the price, and title, is there an actual difference between the two in terms of content or version? Because all I'm seeing is that TANE Platinum is valued at $287USD, and yet another TANE Platinum is valued at $326USD. Why the price disparity? I mean yeah one is (Full Product), but what does that mean for TANE 287? Is it not (Full Product)ed? Any clarity is welcome, thank you.

Full product means it includes the TANE software as well. The other one is content only.

Note you get access to TANE, TRS19 and TRS22 software and all the built-in content with a Trainz Plus membership.

Full product means it includes the TANE software as well. The other one is content only.

Note you get access to TANE, TRS19 and TRS22 software and all the built-in content with a Trainz Plus membership.

Wait what's with the TANE Platinum Edition Bundle (add-on) (valued at $285) then, if TANE 287 already exists? I was referring about the TANE that is sold for 6.99 in the portal, but can be switched for the Platinum edition for 19.99, sorry for the misunderstanding. But yeah, There's these two Platinum editions of TANE sold for 29.99 or 19.99, is there a difference?

There is NO platinum edition of TANE. TANE is the game. The Platinum Bundle for TANE is a bunch of DLC content to add to the game. As Tony says you can buy the Platinum Bundle that includes TANE if you don't have it or if you already own TANE then you can purchase the DLC bundle for a slightly cheaper price.

There are two versions of TRS2019, Standard and Platinum Edition. The Platinum Edition has more features including the Unified Driver Surveyor interface that lets you switch back and forth between Driver and Surveyor seamlessly. This alone is worth the difference in price.

Tony, I'm looking at the TANE store page on Steam. There is a typo, Warwick to Wallangarra - (Australia 1990's) - Platinum Edition should be Australia 1920's.

Also, I already own everything in this bundle but this item: 4 x Platinum Bonus Sessions for Std Edition Routes (RRP $63.96) Is this for sale anywhere?

Guy's I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. But ja, these are the two that I'm referring to.
Screenshot-75.png

Screenshot-74.png

As far as I'm concerned, both have the TANE game itself since well, neither say they are just a bundle. But why is one valued 287, and another 327? I don't see any difference in content lineup unless its a software difference where one is SP4 and the other is the original?

Don't know where you are seeing those pages but they should list what you get. In both cases N3V is only going to sell you the latest version of Tane (SP4). What varies is the content package that comes with the base game. You can also buy just the base game (SP4) for $6.99. https://store.trainzportal.com/products/trainz-a-new-era

There is tons of freeware you can download so unless you really want the content listed and would likely buy it anyway consider just the game and freeware untill you might know exactly what you want. Or as Tony says above, if you want "Everything" consider Gold, Silver, or Plus subscriptions.

I'll throw my 2 cents in. If I am correct. TANE came in two flavors. TANE and TANE Dlx. I guess its a typo on the store (steam or elsehwere). The Dlx version came with extra routes (payware assets).

TANE Platinum must be the TANE Dlx package?

Last edited:
The Platinum Bundle includes the 4 routes from the Deluxe version of Tane.

This is what is included.

Standard Edition Routes and Sessions
Kickstarter County

Chesapeake & Ohio RR, Hinton Division - (United States, 1950)

ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh (UK, 1976)

Healesville - (Australia, 1910's)

Avery - Drexel - (United States, 1970's) - Platinum Edition

Warwick to Wallangarra - (Australia 1990's) - Platinum Edition

Season Town Northern Rail Road – (East or Middle West USA) - Platinum Edition

The BiDye Traction Railroad – (Someone's Garage) - Platinum Edition

Appen (UK - Model RR)

Chiyoda Branch Line (Japan)

Niddertalbahn (Germany)

Balezino-Mosti (Russia)

LMS Duchess Pack

LMS Coronation Scot Pack