TRS2022 V TRS2019

If you have standard TRS19 then TRS22 gives you the UDS. The UDS was the sole reason I originally went for TRS19-Platinum over TRS19, and was well worth it.
I have since gone over to the "dark side":D by taking up the annual subscription to give me Trainz Plus now with S20 plus regular updates of new features including MPS. I am unlikely to use MPS as I prefer to work on my own projects in my own time, but others will have a different view.

Trainz Plus is essentially TRS22 (standard) with all the Plus extras.

TRS22 (standard) also gives you MPS (not found in any TRS19 version).

1. Five brand new routes with sessions, locos etc (probably the best quality routes of any version)
2. Loads of new content for building routes
3. Multiplayer Surveyor (Build and drive online with friends)
4. Unified Driver Surveyor (switch instantly back and forth between editing and driving)*
5. New camera options (Drone, Walk etc)*
6. Backwards compatibility with all your existing content and DLC
7. Supporting N3V Games so that we can continue making Trainz better year after year.

* These were also added as part of TRS19 Platinum Edition.

Trainz Plus membership would give you Surveyor 2.0 plus new features and content regularly added, and you'd get a $2 a month discount for your Lifetime FCT, so 13.5 cents a day if paid annually.

Gold Class would add all the DLC on top of that, Preview Pass to check out the latest DLC before it's released and a store discount.

Last edited:
If you have a life time first class ticket as I also have, as Tony says you do get a discount off the Plus or Gold Plus subscription.

That is all very well for those who constantly build new routes etc.
I however work on my own route only and have done since commencing with Trainz 2004.
I am totally happy with what I have, do not require UDS as my route(S) are basically complete with exception of filling in the scenery blank areas and finalizing all the associated sessions for the pre WW1 period of the NER that travel the ECML.
The other issue is that I am 84 next and even at this time i am investigating handing all my work and extensive book and reference documentation to a worthy successor.
So I have no requirement to change build unless it offers substantial operation improvements.

So I have no requirement to change build unless it offers substantial operation improvements.
>>
Perfectly understandable. What would this entail?

>>
Perfectly understandable. What would this entail?
>>
Consistent correct functioning of the A1 controller.
Difficult to evaluate however at times some commands which worked falter.
Yes I recognise some are due to minor changes being made either to route or session commands, these I can deal with, others occur randomly at differing times
in the command structure.
To summarize, for me the A1 controller whilst taking a long time to understand, does work as originally intended which is why I have not felt the need to go to interlocking towers.
Probably the main command which I have not yet satisfactorily understood is the Set Junctions.

Back