TRS22 Denver - "Final" Edition Feedback

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
The release edition of each of the TRS22 routes is now available for one final check.

The assets installed are:
<kuid2:661281:110114:1> Quick Drive Session
<kuid2:450495:100002:10> 01 Winter Park Express - Westbound (Morning)
<kuid2:57230:100258:12> West from Denver - Moffat Route
<kuid2:450495:100004:10> 02 Winter Park Express - Eastbound (Evening)
<kuid2:523:19723967:6> 03 West Local
<kuid:661281:67539> West from Denver Package
<kuid2:661281:110115:1> Multiplayer Session

We would love to get your feedback through this Feedback Form.

If you find any bugs please use this Trainz Bug Report.

Last edited:
I am pleased that N3V have fixed thee total destruction of the storage tracks at the Rocky lumber yard and I have reworked my local session that provides delivery and collection of product at the lumber yard as well as collection of the Cement hoppers. The repaired tracks are not in exactly the same place as the originals so to get the session to work I had to clone the route so I could delete the missing assets (woodchip hoppers, flatcars and track marks so I could replace them without conflicts. Then of course I had to edit my session to work on the :12 payware session. I would really like to be able to delete the missing assets in separate layers without the hassle of having to create clone routes, edit sessions back to original route and delete the clone route. Just a wish.

There are two anomalies I found while testing that session: -

The West end of the bridge to the West of Junction 3543118 has hardcore to trac level like a crossing but through the barriers.

The West end of the bridge between UPMP10 and 11 has hardcore encroaching on the track when approaching from the East but none when approaching from the West.

Both minor things and I will run the rest of the route but provided no other things are introduced then I am confident it is all good because I have updated and run all my original sessions on the :11 version and there were no issues worthy of note. I would be interested to know what the issues with the signals on the route were because they are placed in the route layer but settable in the session layer and I hope to be able to continue to use and set them up in any other sessions I make for TZIT routes in TRS22.

Edit

There is no road traffic moving or interacting at the crossings. There was in all the Beta versions of the route.

Last edited:
03 West Local
After I pick up the loaded cars at Rocky Arosa Lw2 and returned to the main through the Y and stopped for the brakeman to switch the junction, the red signal 55584 never turned green. I then went through it and the session ended. I thought this was fixed. Also, when I was connecting at Arosa I noticed this road problem. It is not a bug but looks bad.
West-Denver.jpg

Last edited:
02 Winter Park EXPRESS
There were no problems with this session other that it took a very long time to run. I think an EXPRESS train should be doing more than 30MPH for a long stretch of time. I fell the minimum should be 45MPH with most set at 50 to 55. The 60MPH stretch was great.

This guy is still using my name and using the forum to use me.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
I think an EXPRESS train should be doing more than 30MPH for a long stretch of time. I fell the minimum should be 45MPH with most set at 50 to 55. The 60MPH stretch was great.

I read somewhere that "express" is related to the number of stations it stops at rather than speed.

02 Winter Park EXPRESS
There were no problems with this session other that it took a very long time to run. I think an EXPRESS train should be doing more than 30MPH for a long stretch of time. I fell the minimum should be 45MPH with most set at 50 to 55. The 60MPH stretch was great.

I supported the Beta testing of the route during development and the speed limits were set in accordance with the limits on the route as far as possible. The term express in Trainz is directly related to the driver speed rule and for passenger service (express) it is the higher speed from the speed boards. there are two other categories and the lower speed is for freight trains.

There is a comment about the tight curves and I have posted previously that large parts of the route are on the original Moffat line constructed in the first decade of the 20th century. and the tightest curves would have been placed to allow a 2-6-6-0 Mallet to take them. The Mallets were first delivered as 0-6-6-0 but due to problems taking and derailing on the curves they were retrofitted with the front bogey. So yes the curves are tight and the speed is low due to the nature of this mountain railroad.

I finally got around to looking at the lack of road traffic on the WfD route and it was no surprise to find that N3V have changed the region in the release route. The Beta route used the region <kuid:57230:31050> with cars and N3V have replaced it with the new environmentally friendly default region with no cars. If this was an intentional change to offer some advantage to the users then they should have added the cars back into the route.

They have not hence there is no road traffic on the route and I suspect the same will be true on other developers routes N3V have adopted. If N3V are unable to update the route to add cars then the only option is to clone the route and change the region from the default to to one of those available on the DLS and there is a post I have seen offering CDE region for USA and also listing others that will replace the traffic free region implemented in TRS19

I must say Bob, you really captured the feel of the skiing west. I am not much on western routes but really enjoyed the sessions for this route. Congrats even if N3V is fouling up the works a bit.

The Beta route used the region <kuid:57230:31050> with cars and N3V have replaced it with the new environmentally friendly default region with no cars.

Hi, Bob. Thanks for the information, we made some changes to the route's effect layers during TRS22 development and while this was warmly welcomed by GFranco himself the region asset appears to have reverted to the default from that point onward. Possibly a quirk of working in a developmental version, I'm not sure. We can certainly look at updating that to the original region asset during the next package update.

@mikeman
Thanks for the kind words, we really do try to make a decent product and I am sure N3V do their best to support that.

@Rob
Thanks for confirming that the region change was not intended because I think when the creator is trying to convey a busy vibrant community with the route, that should be protected. If you require the region asset I can send it from the final Beta before the route was sent to yourselves.

Back