Tidewater Point Rail Update

HPL

There is a glitch with the update to version 3 (sc473.tzarc): it only deletes the main old sc473 folder but all sc473xx remain. They have to be manually deleted to free almost 2.5GB redundant data.

I applied the recent Tidewater update and my route was still broken having corrupt track. I thougt perhaps it was the update so I deleted Tidewater and reinstalled. Still broken.

I would confirm you actually got the update, ie, make sure you have the latest kuid of the route. There are several stories that the Content Store is not delivering the correct versions of the routes (packages) somehow. I have also heard that N3V is working on it currently, hopefully they have a fix before TRS22 is officially released.

Although, this is only my summation / observations of what I see going on, may not be real.

In one of my tests, I completely removed all versions of TRS on one of my rigs, and after a clean install, still got an older version of a route and it's stuck in an endless Update, then Error loop.

I would suggest a helpdesk ticket be made about it. The more they get about specific issues, the faster it may get fixed.

Last edited:
The updated version is <kuid2:506034:7534624:1>. This is the fixed version that is available from JR since months.

So to be clear, you can not get this from the N3V Content Store, I don't see it, if so, you should probably be asking JR what to do? People here can not be interfering with JR's operations unless asked.

The Tidewater 3.0 update is now available for TRS19 and TRS22. Our testing has not identified any issues raised above, but we do not have the JR version installed in our testing.

Please confirm if your issues are now resolved.

Some things that should help you troubleshoot any issues for TRS22.

• If you have the old version installed it is <kuid2:506034:100974:3> Tidewater Point Rail 2.0
  • Open Content Store and it should show an Update button for Tidewater 2.0
  • Click Update and this installs Tidewater v3 which is <kuid2:506034:7534624:1> Tidewater Point Rail v3
  • Since the change over to .tzarc doesn't recognize the additional old scxxx_x_x folders, they will need to be deleted manually (then a db repair to clear the old data from your db).
  • For people who also have the betatest:sc473 resource they will see two entries, but there is no download loop that we could trigger.

If you have any broken track, please confirm you have <kuid2:506034:7534624:1> installed and raise a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

If you have a download loop, I suggest deleting any sc473 folders from /packages and running a db repair then reinstalling Tidewater from Content Store.

Last edited:
If I place a loco anywhere in the Tidewater yard and issue a driver command to send it to the Pensacola Co-Op then I get a message flash up too quickly to read about a missing switch lever and the command fails. It tells me the switch right before the Co-Op entrance but that one appears to be working.

If I place a loco anywhere in the Tidewater yard and issue a driver command to send it to the Pensacola Co-Op then I get a message flash up too quickly to read about a missing switch lever and the command fails. It tells me the switch right before the Co-Op entrance but that one appears to be working.

When I try to place a loco on track a bit further back than the Co-Op itself (go Co-Op to next switch then a bit further) I get "incompatible spline." When I move further away past the next switch I can place a loco and I still get the Unable to plot route - junction lever missing."

Last edited:
Checking, it appears that Peninsula Co-op is a JR multi industry. Cloning the route, deleting the industry and replacing it solved the problems. Hopefully Scratchy will be doing a further update in the future.

You're able to do this to as a workaround to run your own sessions on the Saved As version of the route.

Back