VR BG Procedural Track

Anyone aware of any VR BG Procedural track please. I have a merge of NSW Main South & VR NE, with VR Goulburn Murray.

Changed the NSW SG track for procedural, wishing to do like wise with the BG.

There are over 200 VR Broad Gauge procedural track assets by S301 on the DLS.

Search for "VR 60lb" and "VR 80lb".

No problem.

I was also looking for brown ballasted VR BG Procedural track but had to make do with the grey.

Would that be prototypical buddy, grey. For the Main South route.

Alongside the brown ballasted NSW track ?

Sorry to be a pain, but i do not know that much about the route.

Only that along with NSW Illawarra South Coast, these are my two fave routes for Trainz.

Mike.

I think the grey is prototypical. Certainly all track here in NSW uses "standard" grey basalt ballast.

You could try sum track from Samplaire Kuid 132952 he has a fair bit of track that would suit your Route perfectly <kuid:132952:159461> SAM Trk - e-clip v1 Chairs-Left is one of them just grab any thing with the word Chair after it and ya good for Aus, He also has a ton of ballast textures to suit them as well. Not sure about the BG though as far as I know we didn't have it up there.
Mick.

The track gauge can be changed in the config.txt file.

Adjust the following to suit:

track-gauge
check-gauge = 0.042 less than track-gauge value

In the attached-spline container, adjust the values accordingly to suit broad gauge track.

Do NOT change the 0 (zed) value for the sleepers.

Hi matruck & JCitron, thanks very much for your suggestions. I will have a search for Samplaire, not sure if i have the required nouse for ammending track configs.

But i will definitely have a look.

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Mike.

Hi Mike

Apologies for the late reply, not had a chance to actually reply here till now :)

The colour is based upon present day ballast colours used in Victoria, using what is sometimes called 'blue metal' or similar. It's actually from a pile of fresh/unused ballast at Puffing Billy that I took :)

However I'm looking at doing some more colour variants of the VR 80lb and VR 60lb tracks in the future, as we did use quite a few different sources of ballast. The first up is making an 'ash' ballast texture, suited for many of our branchlines.

But others include a more 'brown' coloured rock, which was fairly common till the 1980s (this should also work for representing the effects of brake dust as well I hope); a darker 'blue metal' for more weathered/dirty lines (possibly with a bit of orange/brown for brake dust if the brown colour doesn't work for it), and a few other types that were common.

I can't promise how soon they'll be available, but I am hoping to look at it at some point later in the year :)

Regards
Zec

Hiya Zec,

no apology needed thank you.

Good information thanks very much. It's always good to get the correct facts from source.

I ended up using the track from the Bairnsdale - Orbost route.

Some new ballast variations would be good please.

But i realise you must be very busy, buddy.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards,
Mike.

Back