Moving train from one track to another

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
When a train is setting on a piece of track which needs to be fixed, I move (slide) the train to an adjacent track. In S10 this was easily accomplished.

In S20 in many cases as I try to move (slide) the train to an adjacent track the train stays stuck to the track where it was originally placed. My question is how I unstick the train from the track?

Using the multi-purpose asset tool. double-click on one of the train cars and the whole consist will highlight (turn green). You can then move the consist to another track.

Using the multi-purpose asset tool. double-click on one of the train cars and the whole consist will highlight (turn green). You can then move the consist to another track.

This is interesting. Your steps are what I was doing. It works on most stuff, but I found a series of consists where the consist just sticks to the current location. One example is North Shore Coach class 150 Later. <kuid:520526:2787>. The entire series of the North Shore Coaches seem to have this problem. Need to explore some more and see what the issue might be.

I found the problem, but not why it happened. I have a route with many North Shore consists. Apparently during one of the many build updates for 2022 something got corrupted with these consists. I replace them with similar ones and now they can be moved from track to track without sticking to the original track.

I will have to check some of my other routes to see if the same problem exists.

As a sidenote I also noticed that some of my signals got turned around in one of the updates.

That's a weird one!

The signal switching thing occurs when adding in a fixed track-object such as a railroad crossing. When the crossing is added, the track-objects flip around. This has been reported but the issue hasn't been fixed yet.

Back