lost assets showing red in the session.

EJB

got home and started trainz. went to the route where i left off last night. all the safetrans bridges are missing. according to the content manager they are missing kuid25:1182.
also missing are the yarn intersections and RR crossings.
i really walked away with disgust and now i just want to fix this problem.
any help appreciated
ejb

My first step would be to perform a database repair - the basic one first. Start Content Manager and from the Developer menu select Rebuild Database.

There is no kuid25:1182. Do you mean <kuid:-25:1182> which is Track Invisible and is a Built-in asset?

-25? how do i get it going? it seem to be a large part of the problem. better yet how do i find the monster?:D
ejb

First step is to try the database repair. If that fails then the more drastic Extended Database Repair might be called for (hold down the CTRL key when you click Rebuild Database) but I have not had to use this "nuclear option" method for a long time.

As to the possible cause of this, an improper Trainz shutdown (e.g. a crash to desktop) would be high on my list of suspects. Interference from your antivirus program would also be on the list - have you added TRS19.exe to the AV's exclusion list (how to do this depends on your AV program).

i have done both database repairs. nothing. where is this illusive Kuid:-25:1182? it seems like maybe there is a way to re-install it.
i went thru this a while ago and ended up doing a re-install. crap.
thanks
ejb

while chasing down the problem with the above problems. it seems the kuid:-25:1182 is FAULTY?. how can a built in asset become faulty when nothing has been done to make it so?
i found that i had this ptoblem before. if this asset is so important why doesn't it have some sort of protection.
i guess i am going to have to re-install the game again(pain in butt).
thanks
ejb

while chasing down the problem with the above problems. it seems the kuid:-25:1182 is FAULTY?.

<kuid:-25:1182> Track Invisible is not faulty in any of my 3 installs of Trainz Plus. It is possible that it was corrupted somehow on your system.

You could try "revert to original" or installing or reinstalling Niddertalbahn TRS19 if that fails. You shouldn't need to reinstall the whole game.

revert to original works for some of the problem. however the safetrans signal bridges are not even in the CM and that includes the download station. i have done mothing to cause this problem. this is the second i lost kuid:-25:1182. the last time.
i have a large investment in payware to make the game better. but as it stands right now i am considering throwing the whole mess in the garbage. the game is way to complicated, i do not have a college degree in computers. this invisible track should be able to be replace to fix the problem.
thanks for all your help.
ejb

apparently i have also lost another invisible {built in asset} kuid2:39134:101050:4 along with kuid:-25:1182. is there any way to restore these assets?
thanks
ejb

You may be missing a 'Packaged' file for the <kuid2:39134:101050:4> Invisible Track bnsf50;
sc491f_4

Can be found by installing one of these Routes from the Content Store

<kuid2:453099:100037:20> C&O Hinton Division
<kuid2:515942:100169:21> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19
<kuid2:300193:100129:4> Chiyoda Branch Line
<kuid2:154322:100063:19> ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE
<kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
<kuid2:169264:100532:15> Warwick - Wallangarra

Otherwise open a Helpdesk ticket and they may put the current version back on the DLS

Last edited:
You may be missing a 'Packaged' file for the <kuid:-25:1182> Track Invisible;
46412f

Can be found by installing this Route from the Content Store

<kuid2:620415:101000:15> Niddertalbahn - TRS19

Last edited:
Back