Hottrainz assets

I really like the catenary stuff by hottrainz, but had some questions about where to use some, etc.
I looked at a route and can get some idea of what asset is used when, but I have questions that cannot be answered by just looking at the route.
I sent a PM to hottrainz but noticed he has zero posts and seemingly zero messages - ever.
1) does anyone know how to contact this person ?
2) if not, does anyone have a detailed knowledge of the applicability of the different components that would go into the construction of an electrified line ?
For the record, I am building a route based in the USA which will exist in two time periods: the first route will be the late 50's, and then I hope to make a second route showing the first as it would look today ( updated equipment, some change / elimination of lines, etc. ).

So.... any help on the construction of a detailed realistic streetcar catenary system would be greatly appreciated!
Please feel free to PM me and we can communicate offline at whenever is convenient.

Download or look at TUME's Season Town layout to see how the centenary is used on a tram line. He does a really good job, especially in the more dense areas.

Thank you for your reply. Agreed. In fact, I was inspired by Season Town.
However, I have observed catenary in reality is much more complex, with guy wires, different connections, insulators, etc. I would like to find and install assets that are more prototypical.

Check out the tram assets by Paul May (paulzmay). He made all kinds of pull-offs, stanchions, guy wires, poles, and other assets for trams (trolleys). Other than a few scenery items and his wire which is a spline, the rest are track-objects that clip to the tracks. Once you've attached your trolley poles, I recommend doing a small section at a time, you place your wire along the route. When I used these assets, I lined up the spline circles right under the trolley poles. This put the wire right in line where it's supposed to be over the tracks.

For a quick setup, look at the BDW poles on the DLS. These are splines and do a fairly nice job. They can work with Paul's assets, but the wire is a tad higher. All of these assets are splines-only and include the traditional side pole and some overhead type that looks like the setup used on the Northshore (Chicago, Northshore and Milwaukee).

I was in contact with bekaember a while back, re: asking about the availability of Hungarian small shunting locos. Bekaember is the one to contact, not HoTTrainz.

HoTTrainz does not have a contact method on their new website. Just a very basic selection of assets, some news and misc info. They are not very active any longer, as they became fed up with the amount of pirated HoTTrainz content circulating the web, when the old site was still up. All of their new stuff is DLS available only. There is still alot of illegal HOTT content circulating, so the group (both PTS-Club and HoTTrainz) pulled the plug, but have now come back in a limited fashion.

You may lalso be able to contact them via the PTS-Club Facebook page here > https://www.facebook.com/PTSClubHungary Bekaember is pretty good about responding.

Don't use the "contact' button on that page, just post the question on the "HoTTrainz is back" thread, Krisz/bekaember can contact you if he's able to help with the catenary. He is also active here in the forums, you can try a PM.

Another possible solution is to contact Richard Bosnak, the lead creator/organizer for the giant Central Europe Route group. They use that cat set ALOT on the route, and can possibly help with this.

I have PM'ed Richard, hopefully he'll pop over.

Rico

Hi,
Bekaember is active here as well - sometimes. :hehe:
Feel free to ask, let me know how can I help. ;)

Hottrainz is active - Guriga is updating his models, but unfortunately he is quite busy.

Best,

Krisz

Hi, unfortunately we have abandoned the HOTT catenary set on CE Project because it was terrible to work with. I haven´t used it for few years now, but it works like every other catenary set. Here are some links to tutorials on how to set up catenary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KisLRLo-Afo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj2rdarI-GQ

Yes, correct
Hottrainz created only some models, with the purpose replacing the existing german models with compatibility on the Debrecen-Nyíregyháza layout.
Not a complete package.

Check out the tram assets by Paul May (paulzmay). He made all kinds of pull-offs, stanchions, guy wires, poles, and other assets for trams (trolleys). Other than a few scenery items and his wire which is a spline, the rest are track-objects that clip to the tracks. Once you've attached your trolley poles, I recommend doing a small section at a time, you place your wire along the route. When I used these assets, I lined up the spline circles right under the trolley poles. This put the wire right in line where it's supposed to be over the tracks.

For a quick setup, look at the BDW poles on the DLS. These are splines and do a fairly nice job. They can work with Paul's assets, but the wire is a tad higher. All of these assets are splines-only and include the traditional side pole and some overhead type that looks like the setup used on the Northshore (Chicago, Northshore and Milwaukee).

John - EXCELLENT RECCOMENDATIONS !!
Thank you for your support - I appreciate it !! ;)

Back