Packaged....??

Ghost42

Having done more work on a route I have on the dls I have checked the content before uploading.
There now appears many items 'packaged' which according to a thread I have checked seems ok.
Three items are 'packaged-payware' which I am unsure of.
One of my pet peeves is chasing assets and don't want to do this to others, will these 'packaged-payware' assets pass the test, or as they are non-essential, delete them?

"Packaged" simply means that the asset is part of an installed DLC package AND is also available on the DLS. N3V has introduced a policy that all assets referenced in a DLC item must be included in the one download so users do not have to access the DLS separately to get all the items in a route. There has been the odd "Packaged" item that is not on the DLS but these should be reported as bugs or glitches if you come across one.

Details can be found on the Trainz Wiki at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki...nt_Manager_Status_Labels#Packaged_and_Payware

ADDENDUM: Packaged items can be included in routes and sessions that you upload to the DLS. If a user who downloads your route/session does not already have the packaged asset then it will be installed from the DLS like any other asset you have added to your route/session.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification, I think I will delete the payware assets just to make sure, no hit to the route. Cheers!

Erm slow down, it is not that simple, Enable Upload Date in Manage Content, If a builtin or packaged Asset has an upload Date then it is also on the DLS and can be used as a dependency, if it doesn't have an upload date then it is not on the DLS so can be removed.

If a builtin or packaged Asset has an upload Date then it is also on the DLS and can be used as a dependency, if it doesn't have an upload date then it is not on the DLS so can be removed.

I would question that statement in regards to builtin assets. In my last route upload I had a number of assets that were built into TRS19, but had no upload date, but I have received no complaints of "missing assets" from over 1100 downloads. In any case why would a "builtin" have an upload date, as it is "builtin" it does not need to be on the DLS?

I would question that statement in regards to builtin assets. In my last route upload I had a number of assets that were built into TRS19, but had no upload date, but I have received no complaints of "missing assets" from over 1100 downloads. In any case why would a "builtin" have an upload date, as it is "builtin" it does not need to be on the DLS?

Because not all builtins are actually builtins, some should actually be packages and if you check the TRS19 builtin routes they can be uninstalled from Manage Content which also removes the assets, I have a stripped down install of TRS19, the only route you can't remove is Kickstarter 2 which is required for the Tutorials.

Besides I've had to up-version a few assets of mine that mysteriously became builtins at a higher version than was on the DLS, due to complaints about them being missing! Technically they should have been packaged and I had to reinstall a couple of routes that contained builtins used in my FR route that had vanished on removal of payware routes. Granted most people are not removing "Builtin" routes and their assets but they can.

Not forgetting there were regional versions of TANE that did not have the same assets and same with TRS19 Platinum.

That would be a good thing to put on the timeline. "T:ANE North America", or "TRS19 UK", or whatever the region is. That might quickly answer some asset questions.

I wondered if someone with an fct could download Island_IndustriesTRS19 <KUID2:490249:100018:3> and its session to check that it completes with no missing assets, it is listed as trs22 but done in trs19. You may delete if not to your taste / standard of course. :)
thank you, critisism expected!

I wondered if someone with an fct could download Island_IndustriesTRS19 <KUID2:490249:100018:3> and its session to check that it completes with no missing assets, it is listed as trs22 but done in trs19. You may delete if not to your taste / standard of course. :)
thank you, critisism expected!

The link provided produced an error message that I did not have permission to view the asset.

But downloading via CM now.

Download and install (latest Route and Session) completed.

The following assets were missing.

<kuid:-25:1110>
<kuid2:661281:44239:2>
<kuid:490249:100143>
<kuid:267178:1458>
<kuid2:104181:1008:3>
<kuid2:206307:100027:2>

Selecting these assets and using the List Asset Versions command produced the following

<kuid:104181:1008>
<kuid2:104181:1008:2> EMD GP9 FEC #663
<kuid2:104181:1008:1> FEC 663 GP9
<kuid:206307:100027> YZ 1c Chainlink Fence
<kuid2:206307:100027:1> YZ 1 Chainlink Fence

Last edited:
Running the session some driver messages appeared.

Error: Unable to plot route - junction is missing lever after junction junction 15508
Error: Driver Sean_lumber is unable to find Highland Group Dock
Alberto_sand - Waiting for access to junction 'junction 4540702

Thanks for the reports, much appreciated - I was only expecting the one asset to fail - according to what CM tells me.
I'll get to work on these this evening and have a better result hopefully.
It seems this is the best way to check your work.

The link provided produced an error message that I did not have permission to view the asset.

But downloading via CM now.

Download and install (latest Route and Session) completed.

The following assets were missing.

<kuid2:104181:1008:3>
<kuid2:206307:100027:2>

Selecting these assets and using the List Asset Versions command produced the following

<kuid:104181:1008>
<kuid2:104181:1008:2> EMD GP9 FEC #663
<kuid2:104181:1008:1> FEC 663 GP9
<kuid:206307:100027> YZ 1c Chainlink Fence
<kuid2:206307:100027:1> YZ 1 Chainlink Fence

Having dashed out and mowed the lawn I now declare leisure time!
I note that all but one are 'Packaged' which in theory are no problem? The extra one is a MIN that I have modified locally - my mistake.
I'll have to swap out the 'Packaged' with built-in etc.
As a fictional route the locos used can be anything.
Surely I cannot be the only one with this problem.

I note that all but one are 'Packaged' which in theory are no problem? The extra one is a MIN that I have modified locally - my mistake.

If they are "Packaged" but are not present on the DLS then report them, either to the Help Desk or through the Bug Report Web page.

Just completed the repair work, hopefully, now giving it a run up.
Had to replace the 'Nav to's in the Schedule Library, replaced the GP9s with a downloadable, have disabled the Packaged items reported and followed up with 'Remove missing items'.
The packaged items were there or I wouldn't be able to disable them - a mystery.

The packaged items were there or I wouldn't be able to disable them - a mystery.

They (the missing assets) are there because you have installed them from a DLC package but the exact same version (e.g. <kuid2:104181:1008:3>) is not on the DLS as it should be. However an earlier version (e.g. <kuid2:104181:1008:2> EMD GP9 FEC #663) is on the DLS.

I would report the missing latest versions as bugs.

A new version has been uploaded and I hope this one passes all tests, I may download a virgin copy of TRS19 to test any future assets I may upload.
And of course hope that it doesn't develope an illness while residing on the dls. :)

Downloaded and installed the updated route and session. No errors reported. Will give it a test run shortly.

Back