New TRS22 & Trainz Plus beta updates available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
TRS22 Retail 117504 to TRS22 Retail 117537 - TRS22 Beta patch stream
Trainz Plus PC 117513 to Trainz Plus PC 117540 - Trainz Plus Beta patch stream

This update focuses on MPS fixes. The new MPS beta server is also available for testing.

The update was quick - only 29 MB.

Running a DBR now and will continue testing.

Thanks.

Tony,

There's something up with the store.

Beta SC473 had an update.

The update was done, and Tidewater Point Rail appeared in the updates after Beta SC473 disappeared.

I installed the Tidewater Point Rail update and then Beta SC473 appeared again, and Tidewater had a Retry.

I clicked on Retry and Tidewater Point Rail disappeared from the list as expected, however the beta route now had an update.

When I clicked on the update for the beta route, it disappeared quickly from the list this time and Tidewater reappeared.

I didn't continue. I suspect this will become the never-ending loop of installing updates.

Tony,

There's something up with SC473

Yes - there is an update in process and there was a technical glitch that's being looked at now. The good news is that, once installed, the route update looks and works well.

updated both patches was quick

I know it is just MPS updates
but also saw the sounds were updated?
sadly the carz still honk too hard.

the good news, I gave my 5 day old Javelin train an early morning test drive and it behaved

1 lil error popped up from some station script

and the <kuid2:9999:61500:4> HOTT Signal Shared Library, is still faulty and no update on the DLS

Really hoping, Schwaninger land (processed) gets out
the S2 fixes, (GUI mostly) and the rest of the "Polish"

keep up the good work, no rushing, take your time

Content Store 117537

betatest:900 error updating, unable to update
betetest:1101 does not show in Content Store after being claimed

Dear Tony,
Updates to Trainz Plus Beta and the TRS22 retail version proceeded smoothly and quickly. Short test runs with the ECML route appear OK. However, the recent updates have caused real problems with my own GCR route. Editing and transfer to driving operations seem OK, but exiting causes a CDT. The program can be restarted, sometimes but not always, involving a database rebuild. In the Manage Content section both the route and session are marked as open for edit. Making a submit edit operation seems to return matters to normal, except after further editing a CDT occurs on program exit. These CDTs do not appear to affect the actual editing operations but they really make using the program a real pain!!!

Peter.

Last edited:
I too have the same CDT issue when exiting driver mode. Doesn’t happen every time, but since I started keeping track, it has happened 14 of my last 18 driver sessions. I have not been able to ascertain the exact keystrokes or activities that result in CDT… seems that it happens regardless of whether I select ‘Exit Driver’ or ‘Exit Game’.

A db rebuild after a crash is expected - it depends when/how it crashed but it will often leave the db in need of repair.

The best way to find out what's crashing the route on exit is to try creating a new session with no rolling stock and seeing if that also crashes. then slowly add more trains and session rules until you find the issue.

If you're able to reproduce on a small test route that's even better. If not, you can also package up your route and send a link to QA to test it.

betatest:900 - no errors here (other than the expected precache) - I suggest uninstall and reisntall
betatest:1101 - fixed (but looks like a very early w.i.p. route so not worth testing yet)

Last edited:
betatest:900 - no errors here (other than the expected precache) - I suggest uninstall and reisntall
betatest:1101 - fixed (but looks like a very early w.i.p. route so not worth testing yet)

betatest:1101 confirmed fixed
betatest:900 - issue found in TCCP, dev is looking into it

Thank you

Dear Tony,

Further investigations show that the GCR route operates well in Trainz+ 116492 with Trainz-build 5.0 Moving to Trainz+ 117540 and Trainz- build 5.1 causes the CDT problem. Editing is straightforward but leaving edit always causes a CDT. In the Manage Content file both the route and an associated session are then marked to be "open for edit". Submitting them for edit is OK and they can then be further edited. But the CDT problem is a pain and does not seem to be caused by any particular asset.

Regards,

Peter.

T+ 117540

I've spent several hours driving in my route, and I have found the using the decouple key does a CTD. It happens when I click on the red coupler on the train. This has happened many times with a one-time hard freeze and 5 or more CTD.

T+ 117540

I've spent several hours driving in my route, and I have found the using the decouple key does a CTD. It happens when I click on the red coupler on the train. This has happened many times with a one-time hard freeze and 5 or more CTD.

Are you able to repeat the with different rolling stock and on different routes?

If it is route or stock specific, please provide more details.

"Are you able to repeat the with different rolling stock and on different routes?

If it is route or stock specific, please provide more details."

I did a DBR and everything seems Ok now. I should know that's the first thing to do.

Back