Problem with DLC (Midwestern Branch)

Having some problems downloading for TS19 within the game, that using the 'Content Store' on the opening screen.

The error I get is:

Package installation failed:
Error: Failed to download precached data for package 'sc405' at version 20211218041443_634_2' for Platform
s!AmohpdtV7BXvjOdWgjmPANM7eoQ3_A
'Standard-7'

Tried to raise a ticket but it seems they really don't want you doing that passing you through several circular hoops. I have raised a ticket before {not on this subject} so I am at a loss.

Is it possible to use a Download Manager for these larger files.

Yes I have a current 1st Class ticket, expires end of May.

Build version 117009.

Any help would be appreciated.

The precached data is a picture of what you are downloading. It is not really an error.

Sorry but when it uses words such as 'Error' and 'Failed' I tend to get the impression that something is wrong.

Just trying out 'Shortline' and again the same 'Errors' and the navigation points are missing.

Run a database repair. It sounds to me like you have some data corruption that's causing the weird things to happen with the routes. The error message has nothing to do with your install or the problem and is actually a server-side issue with the precached information not matching what you have installed and can be ignored.

Run a database repair.

Done that, took awhile, did the full Database Repair, CTRL + LMC, ran session Lumber Mill Duties from Midwestern Branch still seem to be missing nav points on scenarios especially after the final load/unload at the Lumber Plant.

The 'Error' as being described by you and RJArtim as not being an 'Error' but a 'server side issue with precached information not matching what I have installed...' so like a check sum then?

What should have downloaded didn't?

Thank you both for your help and suggestions.

There's another thing to consider here.

Are you updated to the latest service pack? There's a possibility that the content is newer than your version of TRS19 can handle. I've had that occur in the past but didn't get this error message. I couldn't update any of the content that was listed has having updates.

There's another thing to consider here.

Are you updated to the latest service pack? There's a possibility that the content is newer than your version of TRS19 can handle. I've had that occur in the past but didn't get this error message. I couldn't update any of the content that was listed has having updates.

John

I believe so, that is it was a fresh install which updated itself to build 117009.

In addition several items were listed in CM as being Obsolete, Newer Version Available, which when listed as Asset Versions successfully updated themselves.

Going through the Sessions for Midwestern Branch they all seem to function OK except towards the end when there is no 'End of Session' messages. As far as the Lumber Duties Session goes the Navigation Points disappear after the Lumber Mill towards the end of the Session. An issue allegedly sorted via an update from the author Hiawatha (?) in his topic on the Midwestern Branch.

Thank you for the suggestion, I shall persevere for a little longer.

There is an issue in the Content Store that effects more than the route you posted. I believe the issue effects TRS19 and TRS22. I posted my examples and have communicated with Zec and TCCP.

See this post for more info, these are beta routes, but the Content Store works the same for both when delivering content or the 'Package'.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165609-How-to-remove-TCCP-Content-Store-Beta-Test-Packages&p=1923940#post1923940

The TCCP system which assembles the DLC packages currently states this;
TCCP development or maintenance in process. You can expect longer build times than usual for your content builds.

So hopefully they are working on it which would correct a lot of this on their side.

Last edited:
Christopher,

Many thanks for passing that on, interesting reading and seems fairly recent therefore not very well known about as yet.

@Christopher824 - The message on the TCCP systems is more likely due to TRS22 being added to the system rather than fixing the precache issue.

-----

@CoachMan888 - sounds like another update broke that session like always :confused:. SP5 has broke a lot of my sessions which is a slow process of having to update everything (mostly session scripts) and N3V are extremely slow at progressing the updates. Would be nice N3V would hire someone just to handle the DLCs instead of having the helpdesk operator doing it...

Cheers

@CoachMan888 - sounds like another update broke that session like always :confused:. SP5 has broke a lot of my sessions which is a slow process of having to update everything (mostly session scripts) and N3V are extremely slow at progressing the updates. Would be nice N3V would hire someone just to handle the DLCs instead of having the helpdesk operator doing it...

Cheers

All of which seems to confirm my initial suspicions that it was a Server Issue.

hiawathamr while I have your attention, is there another source for your Midwestern Branch session in the light of these server issues?

Thank you all for your responses they have been very helpful. At least I am not blaming m long suffering computer anymore :)

The 'Error' as being described by you and RJArtim as not being an 'Error' but a 'server side issue with precached information not matching what I have installed...' so like a check sum then?

What should have downloaded didn't?

Thank you both for your help and suggestions.

Your welcome. RJ Artim

Last edited:
It did download, it is the icon of the route you downloaded or anything else you download like engines and rolling stock. The CM is telling you that you have the icon.

RJ

From the evidence of the above, re: Christopher and Hiawathamr, there is an error currently in the way the server dispenses DLC to users.

You are correct that the route downloaded though where the 'icon' comes into it I am not sure. However there are many other errors in the scenario mostly (at present) not revealing all Navigation Points and 'End of Session' messages. These I suspect are script errors that hiawathamr has remedied but they are either, not yet available through N3V/Auran processes or have been damaged in some way by the uploading/downloading process a dark art I know nothing about except to click on the button and hope it works.

I am satisfied that a little waiting and patience is in order until TR22 becomes 'public' (which shouldn't be long now) so that the DLC server (TCCP or whatever) will be rectified because if it isn't it be a bad move to launch TR22 when it would be dependent on DLC working correctly.

Thank you for your continued suggestions and interest in this topic.

All of which seems to confirm my initial suspicions that it was a Server Issue.

hiawathamr while I have your attention, is there another source for your Midwestern Branch session in the light of these server issues?

Thank you all for your responses they have been very helpful. At least I am not blaming m long suffering computer anymore :)

I don't have access to fix the server issues but it would be nice if I did. Trainz will automatically precache the content when you first load the DLC for first time use so next time you'll load faster than before.
As for the precache error after downloading the DLC you can safely ignore it as its been introduced when the content store came to Trainz. Been reported several times and from the looks of it N3V hasn't fixed it.

Cheers

Tested the session this evening and performed the last task.

Expected: Nav icons to help park engine.
Actual: Nav icons showed to help park the engine

Expected: Ranks rule to show.
Actual: Ranks rule showed.

So on my end I can safely say the session does work as expected...:confused:

Cheers

I have confirmed that installing TRS19 - Midwestern Branch (simc:sc450) in TRS19 build 117009 works without any errors (except the known install error regarding precache data which is finally close to being resolved - but this does not affect anything other than slower loading on the first load).

Installing this package results in the following assets being installed:
<kuid2:605579:100396:15> Midwestern Branch - TRS19
<kuid2:605579:100436:13> Base Session
<kuid2:605579:102455:4> Dummy Session
<kuid2:605579:100437:14> Grain Collector
<kuid2:605579:100438:14> Lumber Mill Duties
<kuid2:605579:100440:14> Mill Town Switching
<kuid2:605579:100441:14> Night of the Twister
<kuid2:605579:100442:14> Transfer Run

If you are having problems, then uninstall your current version and reinstall. If you're still having problems then it is possible you have modified content installed in which case you should use Revert to Original.

RJ

From the evidence of the above, re: Christopher and Hiawathamr, there is an error currently in the way the server dispenses DLC to users.

You are correct that the route downloaded though where the 'icon' comes into it I am not sure. However there are many other errors in the scenario mostly (at present) not revealing all Navigation Points and 'End of Session' messages. These I suspect are script errors that hiawathamr has remedied but they are either, not yet available through N3V/Auran processes or have been damaged in some way by the uploading/downloading process a dark art I know nothing about except to click on the button and hope it works.

I am satisfied that a little waiting and patience is in order until TR22 becomes 'public' (which shouldn't be long now) so that the DLC server (TCCP or whatever) will be rectified because if it isn't it be a bad move to launch TR22 when it would be dependent on DLC working correctly.

Thank you for your continued suggestions and interest in this topic.
That was say any of this stuff. RJ Artim the Marine.

Last edited:
Back