Monday Morning Orange - grrrrr

boleyd

I had not seen the Monday Morning Orange" for awhile so I thought that phase of mass maintenance has passed. But, 388 shiny new orange shapes said that the process of cleaning by erasure remains. I have complained about this before but the usual defense of the process was offered as "present pain for future performance". I was told to just accept it. Back to my typical Monday morning Johnny Appleseed routine.

The up-side is N3V extending the life of my SSD (Solid State Disc) through a purge.

Hi Boleyd. I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to. Every day should start up just like the last one unless you are using the same local data folder for multiple different builds.

If you would care to let me know using bullet points for the "monday morning orange" rather than poetic prose than we maybe able to help.

Sounds like you may be using some software like AVG TuneUP. Mine wants to run in Maintenance Mode first thing every Monday morning looking for items to delete to clean up the hard drive. It found 6.6 GB this morning.

Thanks for the response. I do not expect a fix. As usual there are things larger than the individual so I just have to work within the established practices.
The issue seems to be old, but very accurate N3V trees, compared to what is outside my window (small forest). The McGuirel trees are excellent examples of the trees in this area (East of Pittsburgh, Pa.). I never got around to replacing them in this particular route and the occurrences of Monday Morning Orange seemed to have waned. To quote a song, Will I Ever Learn. Or, to import a movie - I should expect Ground Hog Day when I start Trainz.

Off Topic -- I am attracted to Kickstarter 2. While I dislike deserts, that route is very interesting. It packs so much variety into its limited space. The appearance is very good as well. Too bad I can't add to it. That route at twice, or three times its size, would be very interesting.

boleyd
Off Topic -- I am attracted to Kickstarter 2. While I dislike deserts, that route is very interesting. It packs so much variety into its limited space. The appearance is very good as well. Too bad I can't add to it. That route at twice, or three times its size, would be very interesting.

Well, actually you CAN add to it! Indeed, TrainzPlus and TRS22 users are actively being encouraged by N3V to creatively expand Kickstarter County 2 in Multiplayer Surveyor right now. (With amazing results, so far!) Looks like you have these versions.
Suggest patch to 117513 and have a go!

Thanks for the response. I do not expect a fix. As usual there are things larger than the individual so I just have to work within the established practices.
The issue seems to be old, but very accurate N3V trees, compared to what is outside my window (small forest). The McGuirel trees are excellent examples of the trees in this area (East of Pittsburgh, Pa.). I never got around to replacing them in this particular route and the occurrences of Monday Morning Orange seemed to have waned. To quote a song, Will I Ever Learn. Or, to import a movie - I should expect Ground Hog Day when I start Trainz.
-snip-

So the CEO of N3V gives you his ear and that is your reply??? You post with little phrases that are meaningless.... Does Orange have something to do with trees? Seasonal trees maybe. Are you complaining about a calendar change on Monday (it is first monday of the month) that makes your trees orange??? What what what??? Why the riddles?

As we do not have a clue what an earth your problem is or what Monday morning orange is until you post exactly what you are doing and copy and paste any warning messages or provide a screen shot we are only guessing what is wrong.

Taking a wild guess based on this mysterious Monday morning orange? You are getting missing assets appearing in your route every so often and then the problem fixes itself?

This could simply be due to trying to run a route after installing a lot of assets that have not yet pre-cached, then when everything has cached the assets are back again.

Several times, on Monday morning, I have had a large amount of trees tagged as invalid - colored orange. It invariably happened on Monday which led me to conclude that some lengthy software maintenance process was the reason. McGuirel authored trees seemed to be involved. I thought I had replaced them but there were some remaining.

Tony "jabbed" me about my writing style. So, I jabbed back, laying it on a bit thick. It was in fun and not a personal attack.

Subtle humor is fragile in today's world.

Bye

Several times, on Monday morning, I have had a large amount of trees tagged as invalid - colored orange. It invariably happened on Monday which led me to conclude that some lengthy software maintenance process was the reason. McGuirel authored trees seemed to be involved. I thought I had replaced them but there were some remaining.

Tony "jabbed" me about my writing style. So, I jabbed back, laying it on a bit thick. It was in fun and not a personal attack.

Subtle humor is fragile in today's world.

Bye
As in orange boxes where there should be trees?
Also use emojis to denote a joke etc. Sometimes it is difficult to decipher vernacular on a forum with people from so many countries involved and emojis help with that too.

Back