Checking Errors and Warnings during Route Creation

C_Blabsky

I've got a few routes, mostly small experimental types, that were made haphazardly during these first two years. While wondering why some things make the little hamster-wheel in my GPU scream, I've looked in CM at some older assets.

Pre-3.5 assets abound in many routes, built-in, payware, downloaded. Is checking each asset a standard procedure for you experienced route creators? Any tips or procedures would be interesting. It seems it would be difficult to use only 3.5+ assets to create a route.

Last edited:
So if an asset is Built-in, it has no errors or warnings regardless of version. I've noticed that some assets from the DLS that have slightly different versions from the same creator (vehicles, textures, etc) as the built-in versions show errors.

Since I am mostly concerned with performance, are there some errors/warnings that can be ignored?

In general an 'error' will stop an item from even appearing in-game, a 'warning' just means could-be-done-better, but can generally be used anyway. I'm not suggesting going out of your way to built a route using error-ridden content, but if the perfect doodlywhump for that location has errors, go ahead and use it.

You are right about built-in being warning-free and the same asset from elsewhere carrying a warning, it was established some time ago (TS10?) that built-in stuff with errors simply doesn't show a warning. You can demonstrate that yourself by cloning one - it's the same asset but the clone will have warnings....

So it seems that certain errors, and I don't have a definitive list but such as 'uniform color' and 'obsolete version,' don't in and of themselves cause any real problems. But if sometime in the distant future I were to release a route it would seem to be prudent to avoid any assets that are not built-in or showing any errors.

Some other assets show a laundry list of errors and I suspect many of them can cause issues with my own setup. I'm eliminating most from some routes I have created or cloned. Going forward will be easier, and actually previewing the asset through CM is now standard operating procedure!

Back