Coal load

dundun92

UK Content Creator
My coal hopper is narrow at the bottom and gets wider at the top. I don't like how my coal load animation is sticking out the sides of the hopper when its low. Is there any way to show only the mesh inside of the hopper, without having to shrink the mesh as it goes down?

Last edited:
I thought that the ‘use-parent-bounds‘ tag was supposed to cull the texture rendering in this situation?

Watch the texture if you use the built in replacement bulk load texture. It works but was created years ago so you might want to tile it to make it more realistic.

Cheerio John

I thought that the ‘use-parent-bounds‘ tag was supposed to cull the texture rendering in this situation?

That's what I thought, but it doesn't appear to do anything. Could someone explain what the function does? The trainzscript description isn't very helpful.

Seems to work fine on the PGA Tarmac CRH wagon, which is built-in. The mesh-table is as follows:

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "BR_PG006B_fy_body/BR_PG006B_fy.lm"
auto-create 1

effects
{
coupler_a
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.couplerA"
}

coupler_b
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.couplerB"
}

airhose_a
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.hose0"
}

airhose_b
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.hose1"
}

lamp_a
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.lamp0"
}

lamp_b
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.lamp1"
}
}
}

shadow
{
mesh "BR_PG006B_fy_shadow/shadow.im"
}

load
{
mesh "load.im"
anim "load.kin"
auto-create 1
use-parent-bounds 1

effects
{
product-texture
{
kind "texture-replacement"
texture "load.texture"
}
}
}

doors
{
mesh "br_pg006b_fy_body/doors.im"
anim "br_pg006b_fy_body/doors.kin"
auto-create 1
}
}

The queue container then needs to reference the animated-mesh 'load'.

It appears to work when the mesh is far away from the bounding box, but I decided to use scaled animated meshes instead, as whitepass suggested. I found it not very difficult at all. Thanks everyone, for the assistance.

Back