My Trainz 2019 Problem

@dundun92. Try selecting all those faulty assets and right click, revert to original or view errors and warnings and then click on each item, probably find they don't have any errors and the error may well disappear when clicking on the assets.

Have had this happen a couple of times after a patch.

To add to the above, you may have to change the view in Content Manager then return to the faulty assets again to refresh the view. Sometimes Content Manager doesn't clear up the messages even though the errors have been reset.

Malc and John - Revert to original is greyed out. Clicking on them does nothing. The assets are still faulty in-game, with only a few working. Unfortunately it looks like these are broken for good, unless I reinstall 10GB worth of content with no FCT.
https://imgur.com/a/cgMqChs

Last edited:
I want proof it's a good game first.

That is a very subjective requirement to fulfill - for both the "proof" and the "good". What is "a good game" for one user will be a "disappointing game" for another. And what is "proof"?

From my limited observations, I don't have TRS22 installed yet, it seems that most of the benefits of having TRS22 (for me at least) over TRS19-Platinium would come from having Gold membership which gives me access to TRS22 as well as:-

• Trainz Plus Features & Content
  • Surveyor 2.0 - New World Builder
  • FCT - Download Content Faster
  • Access to Legacy Trainz Products
  • Pre-Release DLC Content
  • Content Vault - All DLC Access
  • Trainz Store Discount
  • Store Reward Points Multiplier

... of those items the Train Plus features and Surveyor 2.0 are the most significant (again in my opinion) with the Legacy access and Content Vault following behind.

But I can offer no "proof" of this.

My opinions.

Sorry if this is going off topic.
I have the TRS22 beta installed on steam - I hardly ever use it. Even if I received a free copy of TRS22 at this point, I really wouldn't use it, as all my content and routes would be made for TRS19 for compatibility (as hardly everyone seems to be on trs22), and that's the version I would be testing and using it with. And as i've said before, there is nothing new in TRS22 besides the MPS (very little content to work with and useless for a content creator like me), more content (also useless for me), bug fixes, and better performance. I have no doubt TRS22 is a good game, but the question is is it "better enough" relative to TRS19 to warrant a $70 upgrade?

... as hardly everyone seems to be on trs22

I suspect that unless you are a fearless beta tester, then most users will be waiting for the official retail release which has been delayed. Trainz Plus users will already have TRS22 as Trainz Plus is automatically upgraded to the latest available release.

there is nothing new in TRS22 besides the MPS (very little content to work with and useless for a content creator like me), more content (also useless for me), bug fixes, and better performance. I have no doubt TRS22 is a good game, but the question is is it "better enough" relative to TRS19 to warrant a $70 upgrade?

That is where each of us will have to make their own assessment. Personally, if I was on TRS19 Standard or even worse T:ANE then TRS22 as a standalone purchase would be good value just for the UDS interface alone - that was the reason I originally opted for TRS19-Platinum. I switched from TRS19-Platinum to Trainz Plus because of the regular updates that comes with the subscription - Surveyor 2.0 was an unexpected bonus there. My subsequent Gold membership was mainly to support N3V as I am not a huge user of DLC and the extra cost was not outside my allowed "entertainment" budget (in a pandemic what else is there to spend it on?).

My thoughts.

I suspect that unless you are a fearless beta tester, then most users will be waiting for the official retail release which has been delayed.

I was, but after seeing what it had to offer, and the fact that all they wanted us to test was this (imo), useless MPS, I lost interest in the program. When I mean compatibility, I'm referring to the new Trainz Build 5.0. That would prevent TRS19 SP4 and older users from using the content, which is why I still use 4.6. Perhaps more people will buy it when it comes out, but upgrading to TRS22 and 5.0 would do nothing for me, as there are no significant features for content creators (S20 is the only feature that would remotely benefit me, but again, I'm not interested in any sort of yearly subscription service).

Last edited:
I'll try and answer the many topics raised in this thread.

Firstly the content errors.

Unfortunately it looks like these are broken for good
Nope. They are only broken in your install, so we just need to figure out what is causing the difference. It is also highly unlikely you need to redownload everything. There will be most likely be a single library or bogey causing the majority of issues.

I am guessing that your data base has an older version of a dependency that is faulty and that the validation isn't picking up which asset is causing the problem.

My suggestion is that you filter on obsolete items, delete the obsolete items listed then run a db repair. An extended db repair may also help since it will do a more detailed validation process than the standard repair.

Next I would delete one of the faulty locos and run a db repair, then redownload just that one loco.

The final step to try would be to delete your assets.tdx file then run a db repair since the items aren't faulty and it's [something in] your db that is saying they are.

Last edited:
Regarding TRS22 and Trainz Plus, it's interesting that so many people who pay monthly for their Internet connection, their Netflix subscription, or who buy a coffee every day are so against investing ~20 cents a day in their favourite hobby. Especially when it delivers a major upgrade to route building.

If more people chose to "invest" 20 cents a day into Trainz Plus membership, we'd expand our team and increase the rate of new features, and fixes for existing systems.

Regarding TRS22 and Trainz Plus, it's interesting that so many people who pay monthly for their Internet connection, their Netflix subscription, or who buy a coffee every day are so against investing ~20 cents a day in their favourite hobby. Especially when it delivers a major upgrade to route building.

Its a mystery to me as well but the circumstances, needs and means of each person can be different.

At least with the Trainz franchise you have the option to buy outright and still get free SPs and Hot Fixes for the life of the product. With the subscription you also get the free SPs/HFs but you also get an automatic update to the next version (e.g. TRS19 to TRS22) without having to repurchase it plus you get quarterly updates with new features that will not appear in the purchased versions for some time. That and access to a library of DLC with early access to new items all included in the ~20c per day. To me it was a "no-brainer" and I have never been a fan of subscription software - my AV, CCleaner and Trainz Plus are my only exceptions.

Keep up the good work.

My opinions.

I understand your point, Tony, and I wouldn't call you offer unreasonable, but everyone has different circumstances and I've simply stated why a subscription is not right for me. I also am not a route builder, but rather a 3d modeler, meaning there is really nothing in TRS22 that benefits me. The fact that the game has tons of new content, MPS, and other features doesn't make it worth it if none of it is benefiting me. TRS19 was a major step forward for asset developers; it introduced PBR and the new graphics engine, along with an array of other features, but TRS22 hasn't added anything for asset developers. And again I must restate TRS22 is a great product, and has a lot of features people might like, especially for someone who is looking to upgrade from older versions like TANE. But for me, I dont feel im getting the same value upgrading to TRS22 compared to upgrades from previous versions (TS12 to TANE, and TANE to TRS19). I'm not totally against subscription, but I hope these features will eventually make it to standalone users as well.

Last edited:
Why did they decide to remove script exceptions? Was it just for fun, or was there an actual reason? Broke a decent amount of payware...

Why did they decide to remove script exceptions? Broke a decent amount of payware...

According to at least one post, the removal was a long overdue tightening up of scripting practise. In which case the fact that some assets no longer work probably indicates poor scripting techniques by those creators.

In much the same way that the presence of LODs is, or shortly will, become a requirement of all assets.

I am always amused as to why posters assume that any changes that improve the quality and/or performance of assets and Trainz is a step backwards.

My thoughts.

I just spoke with mom about it, and she says we can purchase it at the end of the month, so when we do, that should hopefully be the end of my Trainz problems.

If money is tight then I would be inclined to wait until the full retail release of TRS22 and then see what the reactions are in these forums (there will always be negative reactions but look at the ones with detail explained, not just complaints).

Wasn't it released in March?

An early release (i.e. a beta) version was released in March (or earlier?). The retail release was planned for early April but that has been postponed to allow more time for bug eradication. No firm final release date has, as yet, been announced. The release news will appear in the fortnightly N3V e-mail newsletter as well as in the TRS22 forum when it happens.

Back