My Trainz 2019 Problem

Your video, whether it is yours or not, does not identify the Trainz build number. The build number is shown on the bottom left of the Trainz Launcher screen. You may not have the latest version - that would be the starting point in identifying and possibly resolving your problem(s).

No, it's not. My mouse works fine. It's clearly the game itself! If you are referring to something different though, what is mouse driver?

Last edited:
"How did you go back to SP4?" You ask. Simple. When I first downloaded Trainz 2019, it was on SP3. I simply deleted the version that had SP5 and re-downloaded the SP3 file, before upgrading it until I got to SP4.

No, that was NOT created in SP5. That is a route made by Fast Freight Productions, the YouTuber who made that video. And he is also in SP4.

Last edited:
Hi

If this was a problem with the game then the forums would be full of posts complaining about it. As yours is the first post that I've seen about this issue it suggests that there is something wrong with either your installation or your drivers. Perhaps your installation has been corrupted?

Has your friend tried contacting the helpdesk about it?

Regards

Brian

Since you are the only one who mentions having scripting issues, tell us what they are. If this was a wider problem, believe me there would have been a ton of posts on this going many 10s of pages regarding the issue.

With that said, there are some avenues you need to follow:

1) Since you allude to a scripting issue, post what the assets are so they can be looked at.

You may know what the assets are and have stumbled upon them, but many people here have not. Keeping this kind of information to oneself, doesn't tell us what's broken.

2) Fill out a bug report and send it into N3V.
Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

3) Report the problem to the content creator.

N3V rarely creates content and is not responsible for 3rd-party assets. 3rd-party are those assets found on other people's websites. N3V is responsible for what's built-in and DLC directly and is going through the process done a by handful of volunteers of repairing and updating old content found on the DLS.

If the assets are on the DLS, then they should be added to the Faulty Assets List if they are not there already. Keep in mind though, with nearly 8000 assets in the repair queue, it may take some time to get to your particular assets.

I guess the problem is very new and not many people are having that problem. To try and explain it better, the tabs glitch out sometimes. Secondly, when I try to reach the main menu, it won't let me. It spawns a new route instead. The ONLY way I can actually get out of the game is to force quit. Then, when I go into driver, NONE of the controls work. For example, when I try to move a train, it WON'T move an inch!

Okay. I've done a bug report. Also, did you watch the video I linked in my first post? I feel it should explain the problem clearly enough.

I guess the problem is very new and not many people are having that problem.

SP5 is new and I would expect that the above statement could apply to SP5, but SP4 (final release or final release candidate) has been with us since September/October of last year so if this was a bug in SP4 (your current version) then many more users would have experienced it and reported it.

To try and explain it better, the tabs glitch out sometimes. Secondly, when I try to reach the main menu, it won't let me. It spawns a new route instead. The ONLY way I can actually get out of the game is to force quit. Then, when I go into driver, NONE of the controls work. For example, when I try to move a train, it WON'T move an inch!

These are serious issues that could not have been ignored or gone unnoticed by many others if they were bugs in the program or its assets. Your description reads very much like a corrupt or faulty install or, at least, a corrupted database. Other possibilities would include issues with system drivers (Windows, video, mouse, keyboard, etc).

My first remedy would be to make sure all your system drivers are up to date (and Windows updates have been known to replace manufacturers hardware drivers with their Windows generic versions). Then do an extended Trainz DB repair. If the problem persists then a complete TRS19 SP4 (if you wish) reinstall would be next on my list.

My recommendations.

I use an iMac. I don't think any other users apart from Fast Freight Productions are having this problem (Don't know why). How do I check if my system drivers are up to date? Also, I've tried reinstalling the game, but it didn't really help.

Last edited:
I have never used a Mac so I have no answer to the question of checking the system drivers. I am assuming that Fast Freight Productions (I have never heard of them before) are also using an iMac in which case send them a message to ask if they have solved the problem or have made any progress in solving it.

Back