Problems with 'West to Denver' route

olblucat

On a Mac 2020-27 maxed out!
Being a beginner here, I am having a problem with Red signals just before a rule icon. In 'West bound,I can pick up full cars and reverse at the wye. When reaching the main track, the rule icon says proceed but the signal light is red just before it so I continually crash at that point! The same with 'Eastbound. I get to Denver and am ready to enter wye. Icon says proceed but red light just before crashes. Have waited five minutes but no changes!?
What am I missing.

On a second note, I just ignore the 62 MPH limit and follow the yellow speed signs at each 62 speed location!

Mick

The route is still in beta for TRS22. These are known bugs that need to be worked out with the sessions and the route.

I found that I needed to check the points (switches) were set for the intended route.
They're not always set automatically/correctly.

if you hover the mouse pointer over the signal, you’ll get a short message why it’s red. There may be another train using the junction.
I’m progressing towards Denver - currently at the land slip, so I’ll keep an eye out.

Colin

As for the red light... you mention "reverse at the wye." Try changing the logical direction of the loco. I have had times when signals would not act right when going "in reverse" but if "going forward" they worked as expected. In other words, set logical direction so even if loco is is going reverse it's going "forward" using the controls.

The "62 MPH limit" was fixed in last update I have, but not red lights. There is a new build I have not downloaded yet.

As you approach Denver, you need to turn the train on the "Y".

As I reversed toward the change direction symbol, I encountered signal 209886 - this shows red. The two junctions beyond it are correctly aligned, and the objective is beyond the red signal.
Hovering on the signal shows "Train in block has not cleared this path".
Obviously (?) passing the red signal terminates the session.

Clicking on the "change heading icon" above the speed control *DOES* clear this signal...

HTH

Colin

The only thing I can say is in TRS19 during Beta the Amtrak sessions used PAX coaches from the DLS and they had passengers displayed. The only active industry I used in the sessions was the Lumber yard at Rocky and it worked so well that I had to ask Jango for a 15 mph speed limit through the woodchip loader because at 10mph empties would load when not required to be loaded. That is not a problem in the route released in TRS22 because the tracks beyond the lumber Mill are destroyed.

I have not checked the industries in the Released route but I hope very much that N3V checked them and changed them if there were any issues. I say that because in another route I am working with the multi industry tracks would not work in TRS22 Beta or I discovered the same problem in TRS19. When I raised a ticket about that the reply I got from the help desk was that they had not been updated and I should use the Multi industry New that was updated. That is worth checking.

It is possible that the industries have been left with no products in queues and as you know the multi industries are set up in the sessions although they are placed in the route. You can add the products you want and decide if they are to load or unload in the session you are creating. That is not true for dedicated industries which are pre-set by the creator for their specific load types and quantities of product.

Well this helped. Got to the Y to go to the station, went to my 2nd engine and used FORWARD. The 2nd engine is backward. You will have to do this twice or when ever you are going backwards. Making the 2nd engine run forward, even though train is going backwards.

Thanks 1611mac!!!

I was going crazy doing stuff like taking 2 coaches off and stopped at the red, however the turn around sign thing was passed the red light signal and that did not work.

It seems to me there are two solutions to the problem and both require a clone of the session.

Move the second engine to the end of the train and then you have two choices, one is to do as you suggest and swap to the other cab of the second option requires imagination.
Ignore the wye and drive straight to the station but you have to pretend you have shut down the lead engine and you are driving into the station using the DPU at the EoT, This could be a reality if N3V implemented the Locomotive stop / start feature Beta tested in one JR Engine and implemented in the 'HP Trainz' payware GP38-2. So it can be done when building an all new engine from the ground up.

Back