Slowly getting back to my 2 Trainz sites!

rjhowie

I have had some health issues after years on Trainz and then while at a McDonald's for a coffee and read my paper two of the older staff spoke to me as I was being a bit unbalanced and they insisted as I am a regular there was something not right after 2 days of being unwell. Had felt a bit odd the day before and they noticed it, In fact getting a bus home on first day I was imbalanced and uncomfortable so the branch phoned for an ambulance and I was taken to the very impressive Queen Elizabeth hospital. Spent 10 days there and got three scans on different machines and is turned out I had experienced a light stroke. Something never thought I would ever get!

So now I must encourage myself by getting a more up to date version of Trainz and see to my two projects. To remind long termers (!) that includes my build of the former Glasgow Tram system (closed sadly 1962) which is very large and had around 140 miles. My second build is N.Ireland Railways and Ulster the worst part of the UK for rail closures and I included the line over the Border all the way to Dublin including a suburban electric route approaching that city. Still scenery between Dundalk and Drogheda to try and catch up on. So while coping with dashed health I must try getting back to my building and occupy my grey cells!!

Bobby from Glasgow (!)

Good to have you back "on track". And who would have thought that a visit to McDonalds would be good for your health. Take care.

Very glad to hear that you’re recovering. Full credit to the coffee shop staff for noticing and getting you to hospital.
We had a similar event with my mother in law in March - none of the “ASH” symptoms so a difficult call. After a couple of days in Aberdeen - and all the scans - she’s back home and seems as good as before.

Don’t let your frustration with some of the newer features get the better of you!

good wishes,
Colin

Glad to hear your doing better, that sounds like a very close call, in more ways than one.

Prayers from Blue's house to yours, for continued Recovery. Good to know, that people were observant and made the right call.......:)

Peace and Good Health to you sir......:wave:

Many thanks for the kindness fellow rail fans and much appreciated. What I also need to imrove is a more advanced version of Trainz (!)

Regards and thanks all from sunny Glasgow :D

Glad you are ok and back with us.
I had a similar problem when I collapsed at my regular coffee lounge. They got the ambulance and they found a problem that has gone on for 60 years. I ended up getting a pacemaker that has made a big difference to my life. Again it was the caring staff that I have known for many years that insisted in calling the ambulance. There are so many caring people in the world who are always willing to help in an emergency.
I hope life treats you well in the years ahead/
Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

For two days I got the awkwardness getting to a McDonald's for coffee and reading my paper and my first visit seen me very uncomfortable stretching breath and balance. Yet in the ambulance McDonald's phoned seemed okay
and in the hospital I felt okay and indeed spent 10 days the three scans keen get home. Have never had anything like this before and did adapt a decade ago to getting Diabetes 2. Hope you are okay and seems to me I was perhaps slightly fortunate my stroke was light. Have been with Trainz for a while and glad I have it!! MY Glasgow tramway is big as when it closed in 1962 had originally a massive mileage and largest beyond London. For years I took a boys organisation (BB) to N. Ireland for camp and that encouraged me along with my own holidays to have a crack at Northern Ireland Railways. Was a terrible place for closures. I remember being in the Londonderry terminal years ago before the small modern one but next it. But the older one was brought back and I am not aware of how I can adapt to that on Trainz! The Portrush branch new station also a challenge for me. Anyway I am glad of Trainz!

Back