Trainz Plus Beta 117464 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Trainz Plus Beta 117424 to Trainz Plus Beta 117464 is available on the Trainz Plus Beta stream.

Once again, changes are primarily MPS related.

A few questions for those reading this post:

1. Have you checked out MPS recently? (And if not, what has been the main thing stopping you?)
2. What was your overall impression?
3. What do we need to do to get more people participating in the the MPS testing?

If you do come along for a visit, we're currently focussed primarily on the route named "KSC2 - Full Edition 1".

1. No ---- Not interested in MPS. Don't want anyone changing what I'm doing. If a route is downloaded and changed that fine
2. Not interested. ------- Originally purchased Trains so I could do what I wanted at my pace, that has not changed
3. Hope there are interested people out there

1, No, not interested in multiplayer, I am a reskinner/creator/route builder and hardly ever drive routes, even my own.
2, N/A
3, So do I , so that you get a return on your investment.

Graham

Tony I suggest you set up a short online survey to get your answers - doing it on this thread may not work well for results.

Sorry, but the multiplayer is not particularly interesting... In my opinion, it is better to invest in the development of the game engine, for example, graphics, weather phenomena, 3D clouds, general optimization

1. Other than watching a video by Approach Medium of MPS at a very early stage, I have not checked it out. While I recognize that for groups of dedicated route builders that seek to build high quality routes without all the hassle that I have read about sharing route files across the Internet this will be a Godsend. But I am a personality type that does not likes online cooperation scenarios of any type. I prefer to leave the tedious drama of group interaction behind and go away to find a solution to a problem rather than talking about it ad nauseam. (Sorry you asked).

2. I see a lot of potential if you can pull it off. Clearly, many skills are required to make high quality routes and few people possess all of them at an expert level. Certainly I don't. So I wish you the best.

3. Are there any videos showing the features and benefits? Any testimonials from route creators how it improves their workflow? As corny as it sounds, 20 years ago the thing that sold me on Trainz was that sped up video of what could be done in Surveyor. Show me what makes MPS something I can get value from and I might try it.

William

Patch took less than 5 minutes to apply including DBR and running prebuild to pre-cache all installed assets.
My own routes and sessions loaded near-instantaneously.
MPS server (which I pretty much had all to myself) took about 1 minute to compile the shaders and reveal all parts of the route.
After that, it worked well - and navigating via the mini-map was near instantaneous.
Admired the persistence of some of the wee changes I made to the route a few days ago in an earlier MPS session/ iteration.
Also noted the seasonal effects/ changes made since my previous visit.
Unable to spend much more time on this tonight as I'm embarking on a major tramping expedition into the local mountain ranges at first light tomorrow, so preparation for that trip comes first.
Thanks for the patch update. Everything seems to be working well locally too. :)

Installed the patch and checked out the MPS route. Loaded fairly quickly on my 200 mbps connection. Ran well. Now is this running on the server or on my local machine? Interesting to see the expansion area. I did not realize that this was more than surveyor. Is the Driver function online or is it only through my machine? See you need to more forth coming with details. Any way, I spent a while looking around and left a shed planted on top of a hill.

I see a lot of rolling stock that I would never install so I assume this gets around the requirement to have the same exact assets installed. That is nice.

Last edited:
Tony I suggest you set up a short online survey to get your answers - doing it on this thread may not work well for results.
We’ve got survey results from previous questions. This question was more about obtaining the regular forum poster thoughts (being a small subset of the total user group).

I did not realize that this was more than surveyor
yes very much so. Sounds like we need to emphasise that more. The route and trains are persistent. Drive a to b today, return tomorrow etc.

I see a lot of rolling stock that I would never install so I assume this gets around the requirement to have the same exact assets installed. That is nice
no, this is all installed in your build (and has been for some time).

Last edited:
I install TP beta's but have no interest in your idea of MPS.

I was hoping it would be something more like a route building tool, between friends.

Access between two Trainz installs, not an open free for all.

Or have i got that wrong.

As I understand it the same permissions are available as regular MP. The route creator controls access to his route and what his guest can do. In this case, since it is aimed at stress testing then yes they want a free for all. The more the merrier.

I got it wrong then, but i was talking more about the finished MPS sorry not just the beta.

MP for driving does not interest me at all.

Thanks wreeder.

Mike.

TY Tony was again a really fast update

Answers
1 sorry, not interested in this MPS, limited to built-in and DLS
2 N/a hope this testing/tweaking also improved the chat interface
3 remove the restrictions

I would love to build routes together with others, if the DLS only restriction is taken away
when someone places an item the other builders get a msg to get that item too
or it gets shared automatic

Tested the usual things, tried to couple the new ICE4 but it refused, and when couple manual...

Why is it build 5.1 instead of 5.0? has the route save format really changed?

Still broken and no newer version:
<kuid2:9999:61500:4> HOTT Signal Shared Library

Where is the "processed" Schwaninger land?

success developing

Trainzbuild updates are not only route format but the whole asset pipeline and validation. It is only updated when it is required and not just on a whim.

SL update is coming. Dozens of fixes, more to come later.

HOTT - the script is out of date and requires updating. We had a meeting today about how to make more creators aware of the need to update their content to make it more efficient.

Enabling users to use their own content packages in their MPS routes is our main focus outside the current release. We'll provide more details post the TRS22 release.

MPS allows the route owner to control who can edit or do what (and where). It would be totally feasible for a two man team to co-author a route or for a team of four to run an ongoing operations session at a timetable to their own liking (by invitation only, or even allowing guests to watch the operations without edit capabilities).

Last edited:
Ty Tony, the future is bright
and although many rivet pickers (yes me) here, many of us always enjoy Trainz
so, BIG TY !

Back