Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta 117464 now available

Default Trainz Plus Beta 117464 now available

Trainz Plus Beta 117424 to Trainz Plus Beta 117464 is available on the Trainz Plus Beta stream.

Once again, changes are primarily MPS related.

A few questions for those reading this post:

1. Have you checked out MPS recently? (And if not, what has been the main thing stopping you?)
    2. What was your overall impression?
    3. What do we need to do to get more people participating in the the MPS testing?

If you do come along for a visit, we're currently focussed primarily on the route named "KSC2 - Full Edition 1".
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

1. No ---- Not interested in MPS. Don't want anyone changing what I'm doing. If a route is downloaded and changed that fine
    2. Not interested. ------- Originally purchased Trains so I could do what I wanted at my pace, that has not changed
    3. Hope there are interested people out there

Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL 1000W
    AMD Ryzen9 5900X
    Win10 64bit
    Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming
    Radeon RX 6900 XT Red Devil

Sorry but not remotely interested in Multiplayer of any kind.
    Malc

1, No, not interested in multiplayer, I am a reskinner/creator/route builder and hardly ever drive routes, even my own.
    2, N/A
    3, So do I , so that you get a return on your investment.

Graham

Member of TCWW & Trainz.de

Tony I suggest you set up a short online survey to get your answers - doing it on this thread may not work well for results.
    butler57

Sorry, not interested in multiplayer. I prefer to be the Fat Controller not the Engine Driver.

Sorry, but the multiplayer is not particularly interesting... In my opinion, it is better to invest in the development of the game engine, for example, graphics, weather phenomena, 3D clouds, general optimization
    ID пользователя Trainz: 490185
    TRS22 / Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Not interested, waste of time.

That's a no go for me also. I'm too old to play with others!

John

Waiting for Mac version to be updated.
    Trainz 2022 on Ventura. M1 Macs
    T Driver 3 iPhone SE2 iOS15

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

1. Other than watching a video by Approach Medium of MPS at a very early stage, I have not checked it out. While I recognize that for groups of dedicated route builders that seek to build high quality routes without all the hassle that I have read about sharing route files across the Internet this will be a Godsend. But I am a personality type that does not likes online cooperation scenarios of any type. I prefer to leave the tedious drama of group interaction behind and go away to find a solution to a problem rather than talking about it ad nauseam. (Sorry you asked).

2. I see a lot of potential if you can pull it off. Clearly, many skills are required to make high quality routes and few people possess all of them at an expert level. Certainly I don't. So I wish you the best.

3. Are there any videos showing the features and benefits? Any testimonials from route creators how it improves their workflow? As corny as it sounds, 20 years ago the thing that sold me on Trainz was that sped up video of what could be done in Surveyor. Show me what makes MPS something I can get value from and I might try it.

William

Patch took less than 5 minutes to apply including DBR and running prebuild to pre-cache all installed assets.
    My own routes and sessions loaded near-instantaneously.
    MPS server (which I pretty much had all to myself) took about 1 minute to compile the shaders and reveal all parts of the route.
    After that, it worked well - and navigating via the mini-map was near instantaneous.
    Admired the persistence of some of the wee changes I made to the route a few days ago in an earlier MPS session/ iteration.
    Also noted the seasonal effects/ changes made since my previous visit.
    Unable to spend much more time on this tonight as I'm embarking on a major tramping expedition into the local mountain ranges at first light tomorrow, so preparation for that trip comes first.
    Thanks for the patch update. Everything seems to be working well locally too.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Installed the patch and checked out the MPS route. Loaded fairly quickly on my 200 mbps connection. Ran well. Now is this running on the server or on my local machine? Interesting to see the expansion area. I did not realize that this was more than surveyor. Is the Driver function online or is it only through my machine? See you need to more forth coming with details. Any way, I spent a while looking around and left a shed planted on top of a hill.

I see a lot of rolling stock that I would never install so I assume this gets around the requirement to have the same exact assets installed. That is nice.
    Last edited by wreeder; April 27th, 2022 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butler57 View Post
    Tony I suggest you set up a short online survey to get your answers - doing it on this thread may not work well for results.
    We’ve got survey results from previous questions. This question was more about obtaining the regular forum poster thoughts (being a small subset of the total user group).

I did not realize that this was more than surveyor

yes very much so. Sounds like we need to emphasise that more. The route and trains are persistent. Drive a to b today, return tomorrow etc.

I see a lot of rolling stock that I would never install so I assume this gets around the requirement to have the same exact assets installed. That is nice
    no, this is all installed in your build (and has been for some time).
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; April 27th, 2022 at 05:57 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

I install TP beta's but have no interest in your idea of MPS.

I was hoping it would be something more like a route building tool, between friends.

Access between two Trainz installs, not an open free for all.

Or have i got that wrong.