Fictional screenshots (or no)

fant_autentico

Thread to show screenshots of fictional rolling stock.
So we can see railway creativity. :hehe:

In this case, locomotives on trial. One of them unfinished. :cool: :p

2022-04-25-225810.jpg

2022-04-25-230232.jpg

2022-04-25-230338.jpg

2022-04-25-230635.jpg

2022-04-25-230830.jpg

The Traxx Euromode is a model from our colleague Graham (aka Euromodeler) (uploaded to DLS today).
The FRT dual locomotive is mine and might look good in Amtrak colors, when finished of course.:wave:

Regards,
Javier

The Traxx Euromode is a model from our colleague Graham (aka Euromodeler) (uploaded to DLS today).
The FRT dual locomotive is mine and might look good in Amtrak colors, when finished of course.:wave:

Regards,
Javier

I was talking about your purple one and I already saw Euromodeller's reskin before you created this thread. I was just imagining it in Deutsche Bahn colors and maybe one in Italian FS colors. I could suggest more liveries, but not at this moment.

Last edited:
Very nice models!!

I was just imagining it in Deutsche Bahn colors and maybe one in Italian FS colors.

I'll second that!

Articulated, 3-bogey electric locomotives were the mainstay of the Italian locomotive fleet from 1940 to 2010 (and a few are still in service as rescue locomotives). Unfortunately, this kind of arrangement has severe stability issues at higher speeds: the maximum speed was set to 140 kph (87 mph), even though the most recent class -equipped with motion dampeners - was authorized to 150 kph (93 mph) on the Florence-Rome High Speed Line.

Anyway, 140 kph is more than adequate to haul freight trains, which mostly travel at 100-120 kph (62-75 mph) and three bogeys mean higher tractive effort so, since it is a fictional but contemporary locomotive, I'd like to see it in Mercitalia Rail (Rail Freight Italy) colors:

MIR-412_014-Ora-2021-11-22-DeBortoliChristian-DSC_0025_tuttoTRENO_blogtuttotreno.it_wwwduegieditriceit.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Here's a passing of old, and new. B40-8 #920 leads train G-150 next to a TOFC train lead by an SD45, F45 and B30-7.

2022-04-25-192849.jpg

With a MoPac run-thru unit in tow, two C40-8's lead a train past Parker Depot.

2022-04-25-193022.jpg

A glimpse of something new, SD60's and an SD38-2M power a tank train onwards to Texas for refilling.

2022-04-25-193136.jpg

Explanation:
For those who may not know, the CD&N is a fictional Class 1 railroad created in 1969 to better connect the deep south with Canada, much like the CP/KCS merger of today. They started operations with a large backing from investors and rapidly purchased new engines. By 1982, the railroad was a success, having gone public on the NASDAQ just 2 years earlier. Famous for its passenger trains, it lead a storied career into the modern age, where it continues to operate to this very day.

I've been expanding its roster for a while now, so you should be familiar if you look at the screenshots thread.

Last edited:
Fictional? Nope, I think it looks quite real, love the Colors, keep it coming Folks........;)

I think this will be a great thread to show cool assets like the ones presented.........:cool:

Javier hugs from across the Pond, and I like your out of the Box Creative Thinking! :p

Hi there!

Nice to see that there's someone with fantasy on the Trainz Community even today.

Here some of mine:

foto_002.jpg

foto_003.jpg
foto_004.jpg

foto_005.jpg

view

foto_006.jpg

view

foto_007.jpg

foto_010.jpg

Best ALMorgan

view

Explanation:
For those who may not know, the CD&N is a fictional Class 1 railroad created in 1969 to better connect the deep south with Canada, much like the CP/KCS merger of today. They started operations with a large backing from investors and rapidly purchased new engines. By 1982, the railroad was a success, having gone public on the NASDAQ just 2 years earlier. Famous for its passenger trains, it lead a storied career into the modern age, where it continues to operate to this very day.

I've been expanding its roster for a while now, so you should be familiar if you look at the screenshots thread.

Oh yes, we’re all very familiar with the CD&N. In fact I plan on riding the Gabe Athowse Limited this fall on my vacation to Dallas and Montana and also Northern Saskatchewan. I believe Gabe was the founding father of the CD&N.

Naaa, the idea will never take off, I can see the rivet counters complaining!

On the other hand I think it's a great idea, I have over 100 fictional reskins, many have appeared in my screenshots and have mostly gone un-noticed because they look genuine!

I'll get some screenies together and fill this thread up :hehe:

Thank you Javier for the brave decision!

All the best,
Graham

Good morning from Madrid.
I am always making a few models at a time but there comes a time when I have to stop and then I let my imagination run wild.

@Trainmaster189 and @Pendolino

I always liked articulated locomotives like the Italian ones for example. I take note of your suggestions. ;)

@DARTrider

An elegant combination of colors in those locomotives, I like them.

@Blue

The color of the "deep purple" locomotive was a coincidence as in the fable... the donkey blew the flute and it sounded by chance. :hehe:

@Ettore48

fantastic locomotives :Y:

Naaa, the idea will never take off, I can see the rivet counters complaining!

On the other hand I think it's a great idea, I have over 100 fictional reskins, many have appeared in my screenshots and have mostly gone un-noticed because they look genuine!

I'll get some screenies together and fill this thread up :hehe:

Thank you Javier for the brave decision!

All the best,
Graham

I don't know if the same thing happens to you but sometimes I have an "overdose" of reality, counting the rivets is usually exhausting.:confused::hehe:

Take care Graham

Last edited:
I don't know if the same thing happens to you but sometimes I have an "overdose" of reality, counting the rivets is usually exhausting.:confused::hehe:

Take care Graham

Very true Javier!

My imagination runs away with me and I end up making fictional reskins as a form of relaxation, the tag unser my username is a clue :D

I know that there is an apetite for Freelance or Fictional assets, I can tell by the amount of downloads each asset gets!
Yesterday I added 2 EMU sets and in the first day one set had 100+ downloads!

Cheers,

Graham

Very true Javier!

My imagination runs away with me and I end up making fictional reskins as a form of relaxation, the tag unser my username is a clue :D

I know that there is an apetite for Freelance or Fictional assets, I can tell by the amount of downloads each asset gets!
Yesterday I added 2 EMU sets and in the first day one set had 100+ downloads!

Cheers,

Graham

I think that people want novelties, things well done although fictitious, and your work is of the highest quality. :D

Maybe an mini-Iore? ;)

Incredible!!!!!
I did not know of the existence of those locomotives. :eek:
Reality surpasses fiction.
Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Javier

Ship(ping) it on the Frisco with brand-new U30C's. You'll be sure to get fast rates for good prices!

2022-04-27-071333.jpg

2022-04-27-071422.jpg

2022-04-27-071430.jpg

Just so everyone knows, the Frisco (or SLSF) is a real railroad. The U30C's are actually just C30-7's, but made to look like a U30C. I can't fix the flared radiators, sadly. Frisco never had U30C's.

Back