Fictional screenshots (or no)

This oddball is one I made (skin was done by heart) back in TS12, The concept was to make a DPR variation of an sw1200 but with propane as its main source of fuel. The engine sounds were a nightmare to finger out as I had no idea what a propane-driven locomotive would sound like, it ended up being an overpowered sw1200 and it's a hassle to skin. On the Dragons Pass Railroad, these things had high fuel savings and worked. Built by Rockwall Enigen Works in the 50s and still serves today, (just keep them away from open flames). :hehe:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I see a lot of creativity.
Graham, that engine is very nice. DARTrider, I like that Frisco U30C.

Some time ago I made a motorized tender to have a Big Triplex Boy, then a member of the forum asked me for one for a Levi&Appalachian locomotive and I made this one too. Both are uploaded to the DLS.

Regards,
Javier

unnamed.png

2022-04-27-085255.jpg

TRIPLEX1.jpg

2020-02-24-144817.jpg

I remember them I do believe they had a ton of coloured subway cars some still on dls.

A reskin by Hert he did up for the DPR back in the day. This train set wasn't working in tane, I updated it to work agen. The DPR Express set #800 was the passenger precursor of the DCI it replaced the old paint ahead things. This is one of the better passenger

sets for Dragons Pass.

Ok, so not all my custom-built models got DPR skins This one I skinned into CN it's a GX-2 690 (GX= Class, -2, = Type, 690 = HP x5) If makes any scents it's an SD/GP with the power 3x the power. (that's was the idea). The Locomotive is stupid powerful and can handle 14% grades, on Dragons Pass there a 15% grade it dose ok in cab mode.

Last edited:
I have thought to make 3 versions of the dual locomotive, Italian, German and USA.
I have already decided on the color schemes of the Italian and the USA but the German has not and I accept suggestions.

Some screenshots of the Amtrak version, they are only the first steps.

Greetings,
Javier

2022-05-11-230521.jpg

2022-05-11-230609.jpg

2022-05-11-230635.jpg

Looks good fant_autentico! I should've suggested the Renfe version even though I used to like Spanish stuff when I started out with TRS2006.

After the First World War and the merger of the German state railways in the Deutsche Reichbahn Gesellschaft, the new DRG technical management found that the old Württ. K was no longer sufficient to meet the increasing traffic demands in south-west Germany.
An attempt was made to meet these demands by developing a six-axle locomotive based on Garbsche's recipe: the Pr. G14.
A prototype was ordered from Henschel & Sohn in Kassel. She was then delivered in 1922.
The locomotive largely corresponded to the successful Br 57, Prussian G 10 with an additional axle.
The locomotive was used on the Geislinger Steige, where it was used to push heavy freight trains.
Unfortunately, their service doesn't last long.
The electrification of the line and the development of standard locomotives pushed the project forward.
The locomotive was withdrawn from service and parked in 1928.

thumbnail.jpg

view

Last edited:
That Amtrak one looks nice!

I see you're preparing a version for knuckle couplers, so maybe I could also suggest China Railways (Ocemy already made the HXD1C, but this could be a fictional variant) and some modern US freight railroads. I also thought of Green Cargo (Sweden) and SBB Cargo (Switzerland) for the regular buffer version.

Fictional version of a fictional RR. A couple of shots of some more mods I made turning the fictional Hatchet Creek RR into the EBT&HC RR.

Bob Pearson

view
Hi

Few people know that in the late 1940's the D&RGW undertook an interesting experiment to solve the problem of elevations in its mountain lines.
Based on the good experience he had with the Challengers, he turned to ALCO to develop a locomotive that could easily climb more than 2% of its intercontinental route through the Rocky Mountains.
This triplex was created in the process. It was an experiment UP had already done with the Huge Boy, but given the radius of curvature, the same could not have been used on the D&RGW lines.
With three coupled driving axles, however, this was possible and the locomotive was put into service.
Unfortunately, the spread of diesel locomotives was the end of this experiment.
The 3900 was decommissioned in 1954 after only 5 years of service and then immediately scrapped.

Bye ALMorgan

triplex.jpg

view

view

view

Last edited:
Beginning the Day

The Augsburg and Concord Railroad is a fictional regional railroad was formed with a collapse of the Chicago & Illinois Midland. It's a brisk fall morning in Central Illinois. The crew are getting ready to start their day, meanwhile Rex and Buddy are ready to play. The hard-working GP 35, #1537, is wearing the throwback scheme from the C&IM days.
Beginning-the-Day.jpg

Gigantism wasn't just the preserve of Western state companies (UP, SP, NP, Great Northern) SP&S etc.).
Experiments were also being made in the east to obtain ever higher powers and ever faster machines.
Not happy with her Northerns (4-8-4 which she called Niagara) with their 6000 hp, NYC asked ALCO Schenectidy to develop an even more powerful, even heavier, even bigger locomotive.
At the end of 1948, the prototype of this "Champlain" came out of the Schenectidy workshops, a denomination created on purpose given that the 4-10-4s were not even included in the Whyte classification.
The result can be seen in the following photo.
Unfortunately, the dieselization proceeding in forced stages did not allow mass production and the difficulties in negotiating the tightest curves made this car obsolete in a short time. The "Champlain" 9500 was therefore already scrapped in 1052.

Ciao ALMorgan

nyc9500.jpg

Last edited:
Back