Obsolete Assets show in Surveyor 2.0

hert

Screenshot Creator
I dont know if this is a bug or intended but your able to select and place obsolete assets in the new surveyor. I noticed this when using the ATLS slave and controller. There obsoleted assets are packaged payware so you cant delete them. Your able to place both assets when using the new surveyor.

Check the actual KUIDs of those assets but more info is needed. Exactly what are the assets involved?

I just tried it with an asset that I have that matches your description of "Packaged, Obsolete, Payware" and could not replicate your problem in Surveyor 2.0 or Surveyor Classic. In both UIs only the most recent version, "Installed from DLS", could be selected.

If you select as the filter "installed" and then type in ATLS Slave for example both slave versions show up in the asset list.

OK, that gives me more info. I have very few ATLS assets on my system, and none as payware, but using the example in my post above, a payware rolling stock wagon, both assets do appear in the Installed filter list in S20 and both can be selected and added to a layout but the obsolete version has its name greyed out.

I suspect that this is deliberate as the obsolete asset certainly is "installed" (as requested by the filter) and this gives you the option to select it instead of the later current version, if you so desire. Holding the mouse pointer on the asset name in the filtered list for a few seconds will reveal its details (kuid, description, author) which will further inform you as to which version is the current one or which one you want to use.

My theories anyway.

Back