CDP file icon

lenscab

I have had to do a lot of fixing things and now, I dont know how but all my CDP file icons are just a blank file icon although it can still be used. Is there anyway I can get the right icon to show up please?.
Len

Check cdp is showing as TRS19.exe, thats right click on any cdp file, Properties and it should say Opens with which I suspect is either blank or pointing to an uninstalled or moved version, click change and browse to TRS19.exe.

All my CDP files show the Trainz yellow icon. I guess I always thought that was the correct icon for them. In properties you can change the icon to anything you like if you don't want the current one.

All my CDP files show the Trainz yellow icon. I guess I always thought that was the correct icon for them. In properties you can change the icon to anything you like if you don't want the current one.

You can't change it as the option not there in Win10 upwards for file types, only for executable files such as .exe, needs a registry edit or easier use FileTypesMan from NirSoft, https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html

64 bit download near the bottom of the page, Instructions on the page however basically unzip the program, run it, scroll down to cdp, right click and select Edit selected File type. Where it say Default Icon which is probably pointing at TRS19.exe, click the three dots and select the red CDP icon, if it's not showing TRS19 you may have to browse to it. TRS19 contains 3 Icons, the yellow Trainz one, a red cdp icon and a similar looking red log icon. Important: Don't change anything else in that program!

NirSoft have been making utilities since around 2002and is perfectly safe.

Last edited:
Back